cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Gramalock Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do I need to insert both cartridges at the same time?

My black cartridge is new, but my colored is almost out.  Can I install just the colored cartridge or do I have to install both at one time?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
78,013 77,423 9,512 20,596
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

No, only for the very first time (brand new). After that, you only need to replace the empty one.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
23,939 22,296 1,913 7,030
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Gramalock

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Install the color cartridge, that is, the cartridge that needs to be replaced.

After you replace the cartridge, run the alignment test so the printer will be happy with the exchange.

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show you appreciate the help and time from our Experts.

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Click Accept as Solution when the Answer is a good Fix or Workaround!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation