Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 5 (23,876 Views)

Does a Photosmart Premium C309a support AirPrint?

I am trying to print from my iphone 3gs to Photosmart Premiun C309a but the Iphone does not connect to the printer or does not found the printer

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 5 (23,870 Views)

Re: Does a Photosmart Premium C309a support AirPrint?

Hi irburgos,

According to this document - http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356 your device is not supported.

I believe that Airprint is only supported on ePrint-ready devices.

You can however use iPrint. See this doc for a link to show how to Download and use iPrint with your product.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile/How-to-Download-and-Use-HP-iPrint-for-Android-...

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am an HP Employee
Click the KUDOS Star to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Student
Message 3 of 5 (22,400 Views)

I have a Photosmart Premium C309a and I do not understand why I can print from my iPhone with HP home&biz application but not with AirPrint!

Why HP home&biz application can find the printer but not the iPhone via AirPrint?

Where is technicaly the difference and is there a hope to get a firmwire update to make it happen?

Master's Graduate
Message 4 of 5 (22,394 Views)

Hi DMWORKROOM,

This topic can help you understand why airprinting on this printer is not functional - ePrint and Print App supported printers

The application from your Apps Store HP ePrint Home & Biz is specifically designed to work with wireless, non-ePrint capable printers. Unfortunately, there are no firmware update at the moment for this printer.

Hope this helps you!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cheers! Smiley Happy

* If this post has helped you, the White Kudos star on the left is a great way to say thanks!
* Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so other users can benefit as well.
Top Student
Message 5 of 5 (20,007 Views)

I have a linksys WRT610N router and searching the net there seems to be an issue with Bonjour (iPrint) and multicast enabling. I went into my router configuration Security, Firewall, and checked the box Filter Multicast, and that is supposed to work although I have been unsuccessful myself so far.

I am temporarily able to get the printer to be recognized by HP Home&Biz (ePrint) disabling then enabling WMM support, e.g. on my WRT610N go to Applications & Gaming, QoS, Wireless: WMM Support. But I still can't get it to print. Argh.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation