cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

'Door Open' Error on HP OfficeJet 6600

HP Recommended

Hi

I have a HP OfficeJet 6600 printer. After I have changed the black cartridge 932XL with a new one (original), I'm getting an error: Door Open, with the message: "The cover or door must be closed to print. Check that it is completely closed."

I've checked the front and rear door, as well as the top cover (scan/copy) and all of them are CLOSED:smileymad:

Any help? Any clue? Any idea?

Thanks,

Cat

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
15,163 14,989 856 2,164
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there Cat,

Welcome to the Forums!Smiley Happy

I saw that your Officejet 6600 is showing a "Door Open" message on your printer, even though you have it closed. I would suggest Resetting the Printer to see if that fixes the error. If you are still seeing the message after the reset, either call HP's Technical Support if you are under warranty, or reply to me if you no longer have warranty, and I will send you a private message with the steps on how to do a partial/semi-full reset.

HP Contact Info: If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all
other regions, click here: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Good luck!Smiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes. I solve the problem, but in a way not ... proffesional.

I discovered that, during the change of the black cartridge, a small pin, located in upper corner, right side of the front door, was broken (reliability?!, quality?!).

Then I have discovered that the pin around which the panel is rotating ... is not only a pin (hinge), but, if pushed in (horizontal movement) can act like a push-pull sensor. I blocked the "pin" with a small piece o paper, I closed the door (with the broken pin, and ... it works.

Hope my non-professional explanation was ok.

Regards,

Catalin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please provide any suggestions

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
15,163 14,989 856 2,164
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there @nstrauss , Welcome to the forums!

Please check out the messages above for some ideas in regards to fixing the "Door Open" message. If the suggestions do not resolve your issue, call us directly to discuss your printer options with HP!

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

happythankyou3.PNG

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation