Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AngusAJM Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Driver for Officejet 710 under Windows 7 64- bit

Where can I find a driver to run my old Officejet 710 on my Windows 7 laptop?

It is connected via generic USB-Parallel adapter.  On plugging in, Windows sucessfully installs "USB Printer Support" but fails to find a printer driver on Windows update.  The manual install procedure (from HP) fails to offer a 710-Win7 driver and a search of the HP website also fails to show a Win7 driver for 700-series.  However, I did find elsewhere on this forum (link at the end) the procedure to patch a 700-Series driver to work properly undet 64-bit, so I assume a driver must exist..

Can anyone point me towards a download?

Thanks.

Link: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software/Deskjet-710-720-810-820-1000-Series-printer...

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
22412 4029 8425
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Hi,

I afraid that the Officejet 710 is no longer supported by any Windows higher than XP.

The document above refer to the Deksjet 710, which is a different printer model..

Only printers listed below are supported by Windows7, your printer is not listed as supported.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01992524

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :)
AngusAJM Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

That's a shame - it still works fine!

I guess it is a comment on the way things are.  I hope the HP Hardware team are proud that their hardware outlasted the software support!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation