Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro M102W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a new LaserJet Pro M102W printer.  Tried to install the printer wirelessly first and the installation failed.  I then attempted to install the printer using the inncluded USB cable and it also failed.  I used the troubleshooting tools provided by HP and all the possible solution offered also failed. I am using a Windows 10 laptop by the way.

The printer does appear when I go to Settings and then Devices and try to add a printer that way.  When it attempts to conneect it indicates that the driver is unavailable.  I have downloaded the full feature drivers and software, the basic drivers, the drivers included on CD from the box and also attempted the online installation option that was offered while running the CD.  None of these options helped. I then went to another computer and ran the install from there.  It downloaded the AiO Printer Remote app and installed with no problems!  So I went back to the laptop and tried to run the install using the downloaded app....no good.

I really do no want to return this printer but the main computer that will be using this printer is the one where it will not install.  I have read on the forum of some who have had similar problems but no solutions are offered.  I tried to contact HP support and they wanted me to Tweet them on Twitter!!  I dont tweet!  Can someone please help? 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.