Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (6,034 Views)

Drivers for HP DESKJET 850C - for Windows XP (or Vista if there is)

As I haven´t found over the internet such driver  , it includes HP downloads - operational system seeks a file with .inf extensions as I try to install the printer -    I tried to extract it  from a .cab drivers backup on windows xp disc ;  I could retrieve the file hpvdj850.gpd which served for nothing.
I am running Windows 7 and I am convinced if I had the HP DESKJET 850C  driver for XP it would work.  During the time I used windows 98 and windows XP
the printer was configured with the drivers available by means windows.  Now I realize the original program (which came in 2 diskettes) remained  out all my cd and dvd backups and is unfortunately missing.
I count with the help of someone who could inform where I can download the driver .inf from.
Thank you

0 Kudos
Intern
Message 2 of 4 (5,986 Views)

Re: Drivers for HP DESKJET 850C - for Windows XP (or Vista if there is)

RonWolpa,

Prior to migrating to Windows 7 from Windows XP did you run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor? 
To determine if your current computer configuration will be compatible with Windows 7 please go to the following link: http://tinyurl.com/no4xb7

Another resource to verify compatibility is available at the Microsoft Windows 7 Compatibility Center located at the following link: http://bit.ly/1gW6Ns

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (5,655 Views)

it´s too late now to check compatibility as it is already installed on my computer.
However despite some minor problems Windows 7  runs to a tee.

It is interesting to note that as I start Windows 7 with printer on , the hardware on paralel port is recognized correctly;

Good chances are if I have the driver to install the printer (system seeks for a  .inf   file) it will work I am convinced;

I will keep seeking for such drivers ,  unfortunetaly I cannot extract it from the windows xp installation disk ;

Tutor
Message 4 of 4 (3,880 Views)

Hello mate,i am having the same problem,did you manage to find any drivers for windows 7,im looking every where for them?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation