cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bedelman Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 31 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

@Rickster wrote:

Hello,

Unfortunately, the Deskjet 990 will not be supported in 10.6 with new HP drivers.

However, the printer will be supported with Gutenprint drivers included in SnowLeopard. 

Check out:   http://gutenprint.sourceforge.net/p_Supported_Printers.php for a list of supported printers.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP 

For what it's worth, the Gutenprint drivers with regard to the 990 CM are lacking some important aspects. For one, the duplexer (two sided printing) doesn't look to be included, I simply cannot choose this as an option -- for another, the draft print mode is quite poor when compared at what I'd get with the HP driver under Leopard

0 Kudos
kerryd Tutor
Tutor
10 7 0 1
Message 32 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

I think I need an updated driver but I might try the uninstall thingy. My printer shows and all its just I get a print job error.

This article is posted on Macfixit:

Snow Leopard: Where is my printer?

http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20090831131722475

I checked the driver list and my HP p1505n is not included. My guess is we'll just have to wait a bit.

0 Kudos
bhochh Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 33 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

So what about the Photosmart C7280 and enabling the scanner?
0 Kudos
bhochh Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 34 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

OK, I figured it out.  The old HP device manager is no longer supported.  You have to use Preview or Image Capture.  They work.   But use the document feeder, not the flatbed.  It does weird things when scanning from the flatbed, i.e., puts parts of the document into separate files.
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
28 24 1 7
Message 35 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

While HP says the 5600 series is supported, Apple says it's not (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3669#HP).

This is the most frustrating thing, I use the printer daily and assumed when I read the HP site that there would be zero problems. No I can't print, makes it tough to work when I can't print files out.

0 Kudos
Darbi Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 36 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

does anyone know if HP is gonna be including the drivers for the HP D1300 series too?

if not, is there any way to print from it? 

0 Kudos
SEL Top Student
Top Student
9 9 0 0
Message 37 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

I agree about the HP 5600. Although the HP website provides directions and implies it is supported, it is NOT at this time. I followed the directions on the HP site and they do not work b/c the driver they say that Apple was providing, is not included for this model. Apple does not include this model on their website.

Guess we have to sit and wait until the update is available. I keep checking through "Software Update" but nothing yet. Wishful thinking that it would happen this quickly. The early release may have hurt HP and the other printer vendors. 

In the meantime my Canon iP6700D works with my MB Air but NOT with my MB Pro. So strange! 

0 Kudos
Ricoguy Top Student
Top Student
6 6 0 0
Message 38 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

I have a Hp5610, as of 2:30pmCDST no driver available.Hope it gets here soon as I am very dependent on my printer.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
lpland Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 39 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

AARGH!  Just talked to HP tech support for my Deskjet F4180.  They MIGHT have a compatible driver in a month.  A month?  I need to print today!  Then they wanted $34.95 to continue the conversation because my 1 1/2 yr old printer is out of warrantee.  Guess I'll buy a new printer and you can be sure it won't be an HP.  Anyone need a boat anchor?....................LP
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
33 32 0 0
Message 40 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

I tried that, but the job shows on the queue, then disappears.  

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation