cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
stevekelner Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 51 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

I'll have to try that for my LaserJet 1200n (though I am not optimistic), but this morning my computer locked for the second time since I installed Snow Leopard. I'm not happy.

0 Kudos
SEL Top Student
Top Student
9 9 0 0
Message 52 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

I did add the extra SL printer drivers but just the ones for HP. After doing this, there was still nothing for the HP 5600. Am I missing something or were some of you able to find drivers on that disk for other models?
0 Kudos
NHLstar Top Student
Top Student
8 8 0 0
Message 53 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

I suggest go with downloading the 10.5 drivers. It worked for me.
0 Kudos
cgp Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 54 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

Hi there,

I also have adeskjet F4180. despite the Apple software update inviting me to download series 4100 drivers, they are 'currently unavailable'. I tried a few other drivers, and got nowhere....but I then I did the following:

remove from the system all the existing drivers for the F4180 (the ones that came on the disk, or were downloaded. Go to the HP website and download a fresh set of 'HP Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers - Mac OS X v10.3.9, v10.4 and v10.5' and install the 4180 driver from there.  It certainly worked using the usb connection. i have yet to gather up my strength t get it working via airport!

cgp 

0 Kudos
willtee Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 55 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

I have just tried Software Update and it downloaded some new software which was called somethign like HP Driver Software.

However it did not seem to include the driver for the F4180 - just more sophisticated error messages.

Still sticking with the 10.5 driver for now.

0 Kudos
SEL Top Student
Top Student
9 9 0 0
Message 56 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

Ok - followed the advice on this group and downloaded the driver for 10.5 along with all the stuff that is part of that download at HP. My printer is printing but I have no idea why I had to reinstall all the HP Device Manager and Photosmart Studio stuff again. I couldn't find a download of the driver only. If anyone knows where it is, let me know so I can uninstall this software and then just add the driver. Just did a software update and new drivers didn't appear. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jayhorns Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 1
Message 57 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

I finally fixed the Color Laserjet 1500. #1 removed all HP drivers from the OS in the Library. #2 restarted computer. #3 downloaded OS X 10.5 drivers from HP and installed. I have added the printer via Airport express serving as a print server over a wireless network utilizing Bonjour. I have failed to do the same with the 1020 printer, however. I can live with this solution. Good Luck to the rest of you!
Intern
Intern
33 32 0 0
Message 58 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

I had been going on the assumption that the old drivers wouldn't work, but I was running out of options.  So here is what I did. I saw it on one of the forums, not sure if it was this or the two others I cruise. 

First I removed all HP drivers then restarted.  I then went to their site and went to the drivers page.  I then downloaded the latest HP drivers for my printer (Officejet 5610) * 

I opened a document to print.  In the printer pulldown there are two printers showed.  Select the HP Officejet 5600 series, not the one with the fax. Go to System preferences and set that printer to default by right clicking on the printer of choice.  

Not sure if the scanner works, but for now, I am happy I can print again.  

*HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Drivers - Mac OS X v10.3.9, v10.4 and v10.5 10-2007 9.7 - 174.78M

0 Kudos
DRWilson Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 59 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

Voyager6:

I found that the Deskjet 5900 series driver works for the Deskjet 5850. I'm almost reluctant to say it, in case HP might decide, "What's the point?" But I haven't had a problem printing  yet.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
33 32 0 0
Message 60 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

You do what you have to do.  
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation