cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
29 26 0 4
Message 81 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

Between Apple and HP, I don't know WHY they can't work together and resolve these problems BEFORE we have to deal with them! It's like we're getting screwed TWICE! OLD printer, NEW printer- how DIFFERENT can the drivers be? Maybe if HP didn't make 5,000 different inkjet printers,we wouldn't have this dilemma! Bring back the GOOD OLD DAYS of GREAT customer service and not the "how much can we grab for ourselves" mentality. Between outsourcing and money grubbing CEOs all anyone cares about is $$$$$$!
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
33 32 0 0
Message 82 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

The new drivers from Apple worked.  I guess this is an update from before when they didn't work.  I have printing, but no scanning at this time.  

0 Kudos
Ricoguy Top Student
Top Student
6 6 0 0
Message 83 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

I have a HP5610, that prints after the Hp Drivers arrived, but like everyone else scanning is not working.  If they would only estimate when a fix will be available I would not be as irritated. 10.6.1 did not address this problem.
0 Kudos
stevekelner Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 84 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

Well, the new drivers made it possible to print from our HP1200n -- though it still generates an extra page with a line of gibberish on it.  Anyone know what to do about that?

But our all-in-one HP 6180 isn't scanning for beans, like everyone else.  Even more aggravating, it scans partway, then stops.   

0 Kudos
Laureid Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 85 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

I'm glad to say that my complaints in my earlier posts have been satisfactorily resolved. Two cheers for HP getting onto this within a fortnight or so of the 10.6 release. My Officejet 5610 now both scans, faxes and prints. Printing seems to work just as well as previously and I think documents downloading to the print queue get there a little faster. Scanning now works using the in-built Apple 10.6 software. I scanned a 36pp document using the 5610's auto feeder, saved it as a pdf and imported into Devonthink Pro Office as an OCR read. All good! Do I recall that HP were not supporting the scan function in their 10.6 drivers and that users would have to use Apple's 10.6 scan function or Image Capture?
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
33 32 0 0
Message 86 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

I've been photographing documents I wanted scanned and then resizing them for printing.  
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
29 26 0 4
Message 87 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

I think the people who are now happy that their HP printers are "back to normal", are those who own newer models. Those of us who have "older", perfectly functioning (formerly) printers are not happy with HP!
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
33 32 0 0
Message 88 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

Mine is a couple years old, the 5610.  I have print function, but no scanner. 
0 Kudos
n781lc Tutor
Tutor
18 14 0 1
Message 89 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

Laureid and all those who have now received some if not all satisfaction in their upgrade thank you for posting.  It lets others now that resolution is being made available and that patience is still a virtue most of have in short supply.

We are now seriously considering upgrading with the family pack bought on opening day.  Just wanted to let it all settle down first.

It is still the quality machine and Operating System it has been since the introduction of X.10.1+

ed 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Intern
Intern
33 32 0 0
Message 90 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

You know you can access the scanner through Preview.  It's under "File."
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation