cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Toutizes
6 6 0 0
Message 91 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

+1    Since I upgraded to 10.6 I lost duplex (2-sided) printing on my Deskjet 6127 (ethernet).  The Gutenprint drivers for the Deskjet do not provide the duplex printing option.

The driver download page @ HP tells me "buy another printer"

What kind of customer support is that???

Can HP please, either:

- Update the original drivers (Is it hard than just reompile?)

- Open source the unsupported drivers so we can build them ourselves?

- Add duplex to Gutenprint?  (It's likely just a flag flip somewhere)

I mean, like, this is so greedy of HP to want me to dump a perfectly good printer.  Shame.

0 Kudos
Toutizes
6 6 0 0
Message 92 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

+1

I want 2-sided printing back on my HP 6127.  

HP is slapping my face telling me it's more than 5 years old and not supported in 10.6, and so I should by a new printer.

Shame on HP!

0 Kudos
fastdriver
Level 2
29 26 0 4
Message 93 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

Forget about it! My DeskJet 990CM is 7 years old and has worked PERFECTLY since day one until I installed Snow Leopard. Now I can't print 2-sided OR borderless prints! HP says- buy a new one you can't expect us to support them forever! WHY NOT? Too greedy? A little less money in the CEOs pocket or retirement package! I will NEVER buy another HP product. This is a TOTALLY unacceptable solution for a company that claims to be "green"! They're green all right- with $$$$$$$$$ and NOT recycling!
0 Kudos
n781lc
Level 2
18 14 0 1
Message 94 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

No disrespect intended and the frustration is understood but it wasn't hP that changed an operating system that no longer works with existing hardware.

And, by the way, it isn't working with several other major software apps including some of their own.

0 Kudos
Toutizes
6 6 0 0
Message 95 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

"0 new features" ==>  "-1 new feature": you lose some printing capabilities.
0 Kudos
fastdriver
Level 2
29 26 0 4
Message 96 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

n781lc-

That may be, but there is NO reason why HP cannot support a 7 year old HOME printer! 

0 Kudos
Toutizes
6 6 0 0
Message 97 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

FWIW, I chatted with a support person this morning about it and she told me that they are working on porting more drivers.  Said she'd keep me updated by e-mail when the drivers become available.

Maybe we should continue to put pressure on them, using the support chat for example, and they'll deliver.  (Yes, it's sad to have to go through that, but if it works, it beats trying to find how to add missing features in the Gutenprint drivers...).

It took forever for someone to answer the chat line on the HP Support web sites (~15mn I'd say) but then the discussion was to the point and friendly. 

0 Kudos
fastdriver
Level 2
29 26 0 4
Message 98 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

Don't get your hopes up too high because the drivers are most likely for NEWER printers, not the "antiquated" 5-7 year old printers.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbj
5 5 0 0
Message 99 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

There is no HP driver for my DeskJet 990cxi printer that works in Mac OS X 10.6 (or 10.6.1). From your website: "A small set of HP Inkjet printers beyond 5 years old are not supported with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard." Why not? Why won't you just write the program?

My DeskJet 990cxi printer still works. Should I just toss it out? Your website also suggests I buy a replacement printer from HP! I find that shocking. Shame on you. Is this environmentally destructive policy just a way to make quick and dirty profit?

Please do not fob me off with Gutenprint. I know about Gutenprint. I've tried it. Gutenprint does not give me the speed, quality, or duplex printing that I had before. What I want - what the consumer deserves - is a simple little piece of software that enables all the features of the printer I paid for, the development of which would be negligible to your bottom line.

0 Kudos
fastdriver
Level 2
29 26 0 4
Message 100 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

jbj-

"the development of which would be negligible to your bottom line." EXACTLY! What they make in $$$$$$ from ONE day's sale of INK would pay to support our "antiquated/outdated, but viable" 5-7 year old printers and NOT hurt their bottom line ONE bit! This is how these big corporations are becoming these days- money hungry to the Nth degree. There is no more honesty or integrity left. It gets worse every year. You know- what goes around, comes around. I believe in karma. Some day this will come back to bite them in the a$$. I hope I see the day!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation