cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Taph2o
6 6 0 0
Message 111 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

HP was given the software 6mnts ahead of release 

0 Kudos
fastdriver
Level 2
29 26 0 4
Message 112 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

Doesn't matter how far in ADVANCE they knew about the changes. Their position is- THROW IT OUT AND BUY NEW! Doesn't matter that your "ancient" printers/scanners etc. work perfectly fine. After all- you can't expect them to support all that OLD crap!

0 Kudos
Ricoguy
6 6 0 0
Message 113 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

My problems with the introduction of Snow Leopard 10.6 and my HP5610 printer were resolved months ago and everything is working well.

0 Kudos
fastdriver
Level 2
29 26 0 4
Message 114 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

Ricoguy-

That's ONLY because your HP equipment is NEWER! If it was 7 years old, like new, worked perfectly fine BEFORE 10.6, you would be in the same boat as many of us because HP would consider that CRAP ready for the junk heap! Ah....to be a "GREEN" company!

0 Kudos
ashtreex
2 2 0 0
Message 115 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

Still no sign of a driver for my HP 1020 so I did buy a new printer 😞 laserjet P1006. What a pain, no simple 'carry on' button like others have had, have to delete all files in print queue and start again whenever it runs out of paper or one's forgotton to switch it on. I'm really annoyed. Don't they do any real life tests.

0 Kudos
fastdriver
Level 2
29 26 0 4
Message 116 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

ashtreex-

You bought ANOTHER HP product? Looks like YOU didn't do any real life Google search!

0 Kudos
9_0
1 1 0 0
Message 117 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

Will there be a Mac driver for the Scanjet 8270? This is a recent high end scanner.

0 Kudos
fastdriver
Level 2
29 26 0 4
Message 118 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

9_0

If there isn't one now, I doubt you'll see one anytime soon. High end, low end- if it's around 7 years or so, HP says TOSS IT! You can't expect them to support it forever!

0 Kudos
tmcmanamey
1 1 0 0
Message 119 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

I was really impressed with my Photosmart C6280.  I really liked the ability to tell it to scan to a computer in the other room over a network.  Then they dropped the ball on 10.6 and now I have to put the page on the scanner, go back to the other room, tell it to scan and then go get my page and put a new one on.  😞

0 Kudos
n781lc
Level 2
18 14 0 1
Message 120 of 125
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for Mac OS 10.6

Hey tmc ---, maybe I can help.  I had the same problem with my HP Offiejet 6500 MFP wireless.  Spent a bit of time with hp tech and learned that the set up of both machines has to be complete and the same including your sharing . 

I use Intel Macs but other than getting Canadian (terrific) help instead of India or the Phillipines should make no difference.

I just started over using the HP disk to install completely on my desktop which is connected to the printer with USB 2.0 and to the router (Airport Extreme) with firewire.   Checked and set up the various parts and especially paid attention to the scan and "share"  .. tested the print and scan ...

THEN, did the same with my laptop, carefully checking each item.  Took a couple of jiggles through my personal ineptness but voila ... it worked!   and, now I can  load the scanner from either the table or the feeder and view and print in both.

I hope you find an answer, too,

Ed

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation