Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Foote,

I need more information to assist.  From the information provided it appears the settings in the driver have been set to reverse order or back to front.  Please provide the below information as well as check the quick steps to make sure the settings are changed to reflect the job desired. If you would like more information about your product, Click Here

Needed information:

1. What program are you printing from?

2. Has the duplexer been enabled through the driver? (print folder-right click printer-properties-device settings-click accessory-click installed-click ok)

Change/check settings:

1. Go to print and device folder

2. Right click on printer, and then select printing preferences or printing properties

3. Under the advanced or layout tab, under layout options be sure page order is set to front to back.  Under shortcuts and finishing select print on both sides and flip orientation.  Click ok on all dialog boxes.

4. Attempt duplex job

Hope this helps!

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
HP Recommended

I am printing from Adobe Reader XI

In Print Management - HP Officejet 7610 series (Network) - Device Settings it shows Automatic Duplexing Unit: Installed.

In Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Devices and Printers - HP Officejet 7610 series (Network) - Printing Preferences Page Order is set to Front to Back and Print on Both Sides: Flip on Long Edge.

Still only prints one side.

HP Recommended

Hi Foote,

Thanks for the reply.  Try a duplex job from an alternate program (ex: Word), and let me know what happens.  Is it printing is correct order now?  Are you networked wireless or Ethernet? Check to make sure bidirectional support is enabled under the ports tab of the printer properties dialog.  Has the duplexer been removed and reseated?  Let me know and we can go from there.

Regards,

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
Thank You,
I work for HP.
HP Recommended

Printed from Excel 2013, still only one side.

The print order is correct.

I am networked wireless to the printer.

The Enable bidirectional support box is checked.

The back cover was removed to clear a paper jam and then replaced.

HP Recommended

Hi Foote,

Thanks for the response.  Try the below options that may help.  If you are still experiencing issues after these options have been explored, contact HP technical phone support to explore all options.  The paper jam could have damaged a sensor.  Has the duplex option ever worked?

1. Try an alternate driver.  Here is a link that contains steps for that. Click Here

2. Connect the device with an Ethernet cable to eliminate wireless communication issues.  Connect Ethernet cable to port on printer then connect to router.  Once a valid IP is obtained connect a new printer through software in the HP folder (start-all programs-HP folder-device folder-setup & software-connect new printer)

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Thank You,
I work for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi,

My 7610 is brand new. Came in the mail today. Just got off the phone with "tech support" to no avail. Still won't print duplex. The option for duplexing isn't available if I try to copy either.

I have Windows 7, have tried removing the duplexer and replacing it following the directions mentioned earlier in the thread. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer. I have looked under Printer Properties/Device Settings, and it says the Automatic Duplexing Unit is "installed."

I have tried using different drivers specified before in this thread, also with no success.

The "tech support" person is supposed to call me back tomorrow to see if she can fix it then.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Christian

HP Recommended

Hi christianpaarup,

I hate to hear you are having the same issue. If you are unable to duplex copy there is a hardware issue present.  If you have tried all steps in the thread, a semi-full reset may help.  If you would like to try the reset I can send the steps in a private message. This will require that you do not publish the steps. If successful it will completely clear the memory and restore all defaults. This reset should only be used as a last resort.  I suspect the agent will attempt that on callback.  If you still unable to duplex from stand alone mode (copy) after all options are exhausted, then the unit will most likely need repair or replacement. The phone support agent will be able to discuss all options based on warranty status.

Hope this helps.

Thank You,
I work for HP.
HP Recommended

I have tried absolutely everything suggested on this issue, with zero success.

I looked further online and discovered this review: http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/printers/1302499/hp-officejet-7610

Here it suggests that " At this price, however, it's a shame that duplex printing isn't standard."

If this is indeed that case then I bought this product under the pretense that it was a duplex printer. No where on the box or paperwork or in the shop was there any mention of having to buy a duplexer. If this printer does not duplex as standad then HP can expect many refund claims.

Marketing communications must not mislead the consumer by omitting material information. They must not mislead by hiding material information or presenting it in an unclear, unintelligible, ambiguous or untimely manner.

HP Recommended

Hi Cleverfox,

I hate to hear you are having issues. The Officejet 7610 Wide Format e-All in One Printer is a duplex unit, however it is clearly stated Here the automtic two-sided accessory must be purchased separately if not bundled with the purchase. For this unit this feature is optional; as such it will require an additional purchase. You should still be able to manually duplex though. This unit supports a wide variety of duplex paper sizes not supported by many printers on the market. Click Here to view paper handling specifications for duplex printing with this printer.  In the review indicated it appears the accessory was not installed, which would result in the outcome indicated.  Feel free to contact HP phone support to explore pricing options for this accessory. Click Here to access global contact information.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Thank You,
I work for HP.
HP Recommended

Hello All,

Some users for this thread have indicated a duplexer has been purchased and installed, while others have indicated it has not been purchased yet.  For this unit auto-duplexing is only supported if the duplex accessory has been installed.  I apologize if any confusion was caused as the assumption was each user had purchased the duplexer as indicated by the purchase specifications and manual. Click Here and Here to verify optional duplex accessory information. This will be required to complete auto-duplexing tasks.  Manual duplexing should still be an option if unable to purchase the accessory.

Hope this helps!

Thank You,
I work for HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.