cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
niko_slade
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

E3 Error and Carriage Issue

HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there.

I purchased a HP DeskJet 3630 and have just finished installing it. I have tried to print the information page but the printer continuously comes up with an E3 error. I have followed the instructions to resolve the issue such as hard resetting and checking there is no paper jammed. I have tried checking the ink cartridges but the ink carriage is not returning to the center of the printer to access the ink cartidges. The carriage itself is slamming against the right side of the printer when I have tried to resume printing after I believe I have fixed the issue. I would appreciate if I could get some information on how to get the ink carriage back to the center of the printer and also any other advice on how to resolve the E3 error.

Thanks
From Niko 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
MarcelusWallace
Retired
Retired
1,728 1,679 114 217
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, and welcome to the HP Community @niko_slade,

I understand you are getting an E3 error on your HP DeskJet 3630. I will do my best to help.

Here is a guide that offers some troubleshooting solutions to this issue.

HP DeskJet 3630, 4720 Printers - An 'E3' Error Displays (Carriage Jam)

Please try out the steps and get back to me with the results.

If you are still experiencing the issue after trying out the steps in the link above, I recommend contacting HP for further support.

Contact HP:
Step 1. Open link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear 

If this helps, show appreciation for my reply by hitting the “thumbs up” below, or click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

0 Kudos
niko_slade
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi again.
Unfortunately, none of the steps from the troubleshooting page resolved the problem though I do appreciate your help. I shall contact HP and see how everything goes from there.
Thanks
From Niko
0 Kudos
ali_robinson
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Niko, I have had the same E3 error problem with the cartridge carriage jamming on a brand new 3630 printer. Please can you tell me whether HP were helpful when you contacted them and how you contacted them.

ManytThanks.

Alison

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation