cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

ENVY 4500 - Wireless and USB cable not installing - Windows XP media Center Edition SP 3

HP Recommended

Hi all ,

Recently bought the ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One  smartphone and table printer. 

Downloaded the 109MB file for the full suite of install/setup files.
Followed the instructions on the printer and successfully attached to my Wifi.

Tried connecting to the printer via my laptop  on the wireless option but no success .  I retried multiple times but again no success 

In the network check it appears 
But when trying to connect to it , i get the error " The printer was unable to be installed over the network" 
I tried disabling the firewall and still no success .
Possibly the most insightful error messages ever , not even a exit code to check. 

Following help online i tried downloading the Basic windows xp driver ( ~32mb  package) But had no success with that installer either 

When trying to use the USB connection method again no joy I get this error message on installing the hardware
" There was a problem installing this hardware: 
HPENVY 4500 series "
An error occured during the installation of the device
The specified Module could not be found"

Next i followed the help online and downloaded the HP Print and Scan doctor which told me rhw HP ENVY 4500 Series (USB) is Installed ... it's not  and the wireless option is not installed.
It's recommened fix for this to download the EN4500_1180.exe install suite again. 

So to sum up , I've tried the full suite ,and basic suite for both Wireless and USB connections but still nothing , printing the wireless network test results shows the connection to our router is fine.

I then tried on my work laptop ( windows 7 professional )
And it worked once i downloaded the full suite setup. 
So it seems to me there's an issue with the XP related software. Although given the amount of potential XP users you have I reckon this would be a known issue.
Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
shameless bump for help 😕
Will need to return it if it isn't compatible with my fathers laptop
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I've same problem on my pc with windows xp 2002 edition service pack 3.

Do you have resolved the problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Andrea.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation