Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
PLOTTER HP DESIGNJET T1100

Hi,

I contacted with the forum to solve a problem with my plotter some months ago. It indicated the error 86:01 and everything pointed out the carriage belt how the possible problem, since it seemed be damaged too. Besides, the technician (who usually repairs my plotter) agreed with me and we changed the carriage belt. Unfortunately, despite changing it the plotter isn’t starting, and now it shows the error `8:11´. The technician has consulted the hp manual and he believes that the problem is the interconnect harness which connects with the display, but he isn´t sure. I have tried to look for this cable on the Internet, but I have only found it in a pack and it´s too expensive to buy it without being absolutely sure if it will solve the error.

Please, I would like to confirm if this cable is the solution and, if it is, I would appreciate if someone could say to me where to buy this cable (the best would be to buy only this cable without the pack).

Regards and thanks in advance.

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Most times with this error the issue is the main board which is part of the power supply.  It is the board that the formatter slides into.  First you want to do is remove the formatter and clean the contacts at the bottom of the formatter that slide into the main board.  Turn the plotter on.  Report back the status of the 3 lights on the formatter.  When looking from the rear LED1 is the light on the left, LED2 is the middle light and LED3 is the light on the right.  Tell us the status of each light, on, off or flashing.  Keep in mind you have a path error and the tech needed to turn off the plotter, remove parts to put on the new belt.  If the cable going to the display was bad it would have occured during the belt installation where it was pinched or whatever.  Since the formatter was removed to do the belt replacement that is the first place I would look.  Let us know the lights as that may help us.  Also put your hear to the back by the formatter to see if you can hear the hard disk start to spin.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help davidzuts!

The technician went on holidays for some days. As soon as he returns we will check the lights and let you know.

Regards and thank you so much!

HP Recommended

Hi again!

Sorry for the delay, but I couldn´t look my plotter so far.

I have removed the formatter and cleaned the contacts at the bottom of the formatter that slide into the main board. The problem is that my plotter hasn´t any light on the formatter and if I try to look inside the formatter, I have to turn off the plotter... so I couldn´t see any light on. Perhaps, this plotter is different and hasn´t any lights on the formatter...

Also I have put my hear to the back by the formatter to see if the disk starts to spin, I don´t hear anything, but I have tried the disk in another external device and the disk spins.

Is there anything else which I can do to try to solve the error?

Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

As I said in my first post it looks like you have a hardware issue and a part needs to be replaced.  That part is most likely the mainboard powersupply.  It could also be a bad formatter.

HP Recommended

But, then, do I dismiss the interconnect harness how the possible problem? Is there any way to check if  the hardware is ok. If it is the problem, I suppose that it will be very expensive to repair and I can´t afford to repair it! :Crying:

HP Recommended

Your technician is following the steps in the service manual.  Sometimes they are good and sometimes not so good.  Since you do not hear the disk start to spin, the interconnect cable will have nothing to do with this it only transmits info to the display panel.  My gut tells me main board is bad.

HP Recommended

I don´t hear the disk start to spin in my plotter, but my technician tried the disk in another device and it worked. I´m not sure about what I should do... I can´t change the main board if I'm not absolutely convinced about if it is bad or not. :Crying: How could I do it to find it out?

HP Recommended

Sometimes there is no way of testing a component unless you try a replacement or know someone who has the same machine who will let you try your part in their machine.  This is one of those cases.  You have to either try a replacement part or try your part in another machine.

HP Recommended

Ok, thank you so much!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.