The HP Community is here for you.
12-29-2013 08:56 PM
I would like to change the name and password of the 'Wireless Direct' capability of my Photosmart 7520 printer. The on-screen prompts refer to editing the default name (or editing the default password) in the EWS. ???
But, I am not finding additional instructions about EWS to help with the specific steps.
I have successfully connected the printer to a wireless network. I am not asking about the router/network's SSID. I am looking to edit the built in wireless direct functionality's name and password to use something more memorable.
Thanks for anyone's help.
12-31-2013 02:45 PM
Welcome to the HP Forum!
This might be what you seek:
- Open your browser to a New Tab
- Open a connection to your printer's IP address so you can manage the EWS setup
- Click on tab Network > Select HP Wireless Direct >> Edit Settings
- If you have assigned a Password to your EWS, at some point you may have to enter that to continue.
- When the page is directed to the Web Direct setup, you may see warnings about invalid certificates -- allow all using whatever commands are required (OK, I know the risks, whatever...)
To find out more cool stuff about this printer you can check out the Help File.
If you do not already have the HP 7520 shortcut on your Desktop
- Open a File Explorer window on your Desktop
- Navigate to: C:\Program Files\HP\HP Photosmart 7520 series\Bin
- Double-Click on HP PhotoSmart 7520 series.exe
- When the Window opens, Click on the Green Help ? on the ribbon
- When the Help Window opens, Click on "Search HP help"
About SETUP Cartridges:
When you first set up the printer, you must install the cartridges that shipped in the box with the printer. These cartridges are labeled SETUP, and they calibrate your printer before the first print job. Failure to install the SETUP cartridges during the initial product setup causes an error.
If you installed a set of regular cartridges, remove them and install the SETUP cartridges to complete printer setup. After printer setup is complete, the printer can use regular cartridges. **
Warning: You must replace the orange caps on the regular cartridges you remove, or they will quickly dry out. Some ink will still evaporate, but less than if the cartridges are uncapped. You can use the orange caps from the SETUP cartridges if necessary.
If you still receive the error message, contact HP support for help.
** This means you can change over to your regular cartridges and SAVE the special "Setup" Cartridges in case you need them later. It is possible that you WILL need the setup cartridges if the printer balks, is set to factory defaults, or gets weird for some reason and has to be reset from scratch.
IMPORTANT Cartridge Tip:
The 7520 uses FIVE cartridges -- you need the Black, Yellow, Magenta, and Cyan -- PLUS you need a Photo cartridge.
HP 564XL Photo Black Ink Cartridge
Product number: CB322WN#140
Click the Kudos Star!
It is a nice way to say “Thank You” for the help.
Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP.