Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP 277dw
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Downloaded the new OS 10.12.4 software and once again I lost my scanning functions! This is the second time this has happened.....is there a workaround? Last time I posted a solution by downloading new firmware to the printer and updating the driver to 3.1 vs. 5.0.....Please help HP! This happens everytime Apple puts out an update!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@CaptKirkSac

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw and are unable to scan in Mac Sierra. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

The full featured drivers for Mac Sierra are unavailable and that could be the reason that scanning is not working. 

I would like to know if the printer is able to print?

I did some research and found that the print and scan drivers are released through an Apple update. Let us perform the update using the below steps:

• Please download the Mac inbuilt drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2flF56z.
  • From System Preferences, click on Print & Scan.
  • Click the Plus sign.
  • Select the listed Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277.
  • Click the drop-down menu next to Use or Print Using and click on Select Printer Software.
  • Select the Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277 from the list.
  • Click OK to confirm your selection and add the printer, then try printing using the configured print queue.

You may scan using the Apple Image Capture software. 

I hope this does the trick. Let me know. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding to my post! The printer functions are working but not the scanner. Will try your suggestions, but based upon other Mac users it appears this work around isn't working. 

HP Recommended

@CaptKirkSac

You're welcome. Sure, let me know what happens. Take care!

HP Recommended

Thanks for your follow up. Wished I better news....the solution didn't resolve the issue! There is some type of issue between Apple and HP software that is causing the scanner fuction not to work. Hope your team can send out an update.

HP Recommended

@CaptKirkSac

You're welcome and I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot. 

I did some further research on this case. You may update the firmware on the printer. Please note that through the HP website, the firmware as well as the update utility is only available for Windows.  Thus you need to find a Windows machine to do the update.

The latest firmware can be downloaded via this link.

Hope this does the trick. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your post. All of my computers are running on OS software. Please HP when you make changes or updates you need to see if they work with OS BEFORE you send out updates. I realize that sometimes this is an APPLE issue, but it is also an HP issue because this is NOT the first time the scanning function has stopped working during updates.

HP Recommended

@CaptKirkSac

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any.  You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends).  

Response times may vary by region. Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

HP Recommended

Thank you....that was very nice of you to do!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.