cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PhilBurton
Level 1
6 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Easy way to do double-sided printing - Windows 7 (and 8?)

HP Recommended

If I wnat to print from Windows double-sided (with PCL 6), I have to select Printer Options, then select the Finish tab, and THEN select double-sided printing.  My printer is an M401dn.  That's two steps too many.\

In contrast:

• the Chrome browser main print menu has a check-box for double-sided printing
  • the Acrobat Reader/Acrobat Pro programs have the same check box in the main print menu

Here is a request for HP to do the same.  HP makes the best laser printers. Why can't HP make best-in-class print drivers?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
89,514 89,392 11,466 24,604
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can set it up to use duplex as default that means it will print all jobs in duplex unless you don't want it from the print options (for each print job). Please use the following way to setup:

Automatically print on both sides with Windows

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
PhilBurton
Author
Level 1
6 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks.  I already use this solution each time that I need to do double-sided printing (outside of MS Office).  However, I was looking for a way that did NOT involve so many steps OR where I could set up double-sided printing as the default for all print jobs.

Right now if I have to print 3-4 docs (outside of MS Office), I have to go through those extra steps each and every time.  If Adobe and Google can address this issue, I'm wondering why HP, with all its deep resources for printers and printing, can't do so.

PhilBurton

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
89,514 89,392 11,466 24,604
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

As mentioned above DEFAULT means you don't have to do every time. If you have to do every time, that means you have not set thing up properly.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation