cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Envelope partially printing problems with hp officejet pro 8710

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710

When I print #10 envelopes through Mail Merge, the top half of the person's first name doesn't print.  On occasion, it will happen to the city, but 99% of the time it's fhe first name. My printer is only 2 months old.  This happened very sporadically at first.  Now, I'm redoing 40+ envelopes out of 160.

I have cleaned my printheads, and that did not correct the problem.

Is there a fix to this problem?  I like the printer otherwise, and don't want to return it.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,500
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @8710,

Thanks for visiting the HP community. A very Good Day to you. 🙂 Hope you are doing well. 🙂  I understand that you need assistance with printing issues on size#10 envelopes. I’ll be delighted to assist you with this.

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue.

Thank you for giving us the privilege to assist you on this platform. 🙂 You’ve done some smart and awesome diagnosis also. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

First off for better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information.

• Have you checked that the correct paper type and paper size is selected?
  • Did you try a different brand of paper?
  • Did you perform a hard reset and bypass power strips?
  • Please provide the operating system used.

For a start please perform these steps:

• Please perform a hard reset.
  • Please check the paper type and size and ensure that size #10 envelope is selected.
  • Please update the printer firmware.
  • Please uninstall and reinstall the printer software.
  • Please try built-in drivers

For performing a hard reset please visit this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8710-all-in-one-printer-series/7902014/documen...  and try step 7 only.

Then check again if the issue gets resolved.

If not please check the paper type and size from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8710-all-in-one-printer-series/7902014/documen... and perform all the prescribed steps. Then check again.

Check this user guide for recommended paper types: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05048181 Please try a different brand of paper. Refer pages 16 to 25 from the user guide.

To uninstall the printer software if the operating system is windows:

•  In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  •   Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 

To reinstall the printer software and update the printer firmware, please visit this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8710-all-in-one-printer-series/790...

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. 🙂

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.  🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation