Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Envy 4500 is offline.  From Devices and Printers->HP Envy 4500...->See What's Printing->Printer, there is no choice to put it on-line is suggested in response to someone else.  I reinstalled printer, but it is still off-line.

Running Windows 10

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  I somehow resolved the problem yesterday.  Someone suggested a Window's 10 cumulative update.  I tried to do that, but it appeared to have already been done recently.  The update site mentioned rebooting the computer for the update to take affect.  I rebooted and the problem went away. I really don't understand what went wrong or why it fixed itself, but  I should have tried rebooting the computer in the first place.

Thanks-Lee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@LeeWatts, Welcome to the HP Community:)

I wanted to reach out and try to help you with the issue you're having with your Envy 4500 showing as offline. I saw that reinstalling the printer didn't help much, and have some more ideas in mind for you.

Click this link and try all of the steps in order: Printer is Offline (Windows)

When you are done, try printing again and please reply back to me with the results. If you see any issues or errors, include them and we can work on them from there.

Click the "Accept as Solution" if the issue has reached a resolution! Hit the thumbs up below to like my post or show thanks to me for lending a hand! 🙂

I hope this information helps, have a great Tuesday:)

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  I somehow resolved the problem yesterday.  Someone suggested a Window's 10 cumulative update.  I tried to do that, but it appeared to have already been done recently.  The update site mentioned rebooting the computer for the update to take affect.  I rebooted and the problem went away. I really don't understand what went wrong or why it fixed itself, but  I should have tried rebooting the computer in the first place.

Thanks-Lee

HP Recommended

Hello, I am being told my Envy 4500 is offline. I have tried the Print and scan doctor twice which seems to have identified problems and said they are fixed. it prints off a test page fine, but will not print off the items in the queue. 

I have tried using the printer offline. I can scan from the printer to the computer and copy using the printer. 

thanks for all assistance in advance.

HP Recommended

This is total BS.  Nothing works.  My printer always shows offline.  I have to mail the document to the printer address to get it to function.  What is the real solution HP?

HP Recommended

Good to see HP is all over a solution to this....

HP Recommended

I've tried all the suggested solutions and days later still no resolution as PC says the printer is "offline" when I try to print Word, Powerpoint, Excel, PDF etc. direct from my Windows 10 pc. I have to email the documents to a tablet device and then print from there, so clearly the printer is not offline.  However, if I go to the HP Toolbox app' from teh same PC I can print a 'Printer Status Report", so again clearly the printer is not offline. This problem has only occurred since I installed Windows 10 nearly a year ago and I'm getting fed up with having to email the kids homework to a tablet device so we can print.  Any solutions?

HP Recommended

I was able to fix this 'offline' issue by using the HP print and scan dr, which prompted me through the steps to resolve. Use this link to install the DR: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.