Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ENVY 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Only had this printer a month, worked for about 2 days. Now every time I try to print it says service station stalled on the printer screen. Eventually it will print one job via USB and then its back to service station stalled! Help please!
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @lyndsayloughins

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I saw your post on how you are getting the error message, "service stations stalled," with your HP Envy 4520 printer. I am happy to help! 

Please try the steps within this guide, A Carriage Jam Error Message Displays on the Control Panel, and let me know what happens! 

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this guide helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

had this message, found part in printer where cartridges are supposed to seat, look down in there and you see a part that moves toward the back of the machine when you hit the OK button and system cycles through, clean area with alcohol swap and use finger to pull that part all the way to the forward position, hit OK button. this worked for me, machine asked to realign cartridges and I performed that, then printer worked properly again. 

HP Recommended

had this problem recently, found that when I pushed the OK button cartridges would cycle and end up just out side of area where they are suppose to sit. Look down in to that area and when it cycles through you will see a part that cycles toward the back of the machine, what I did was clean this area with alcohol swab and reached finger in and pulled that part all the way to its forward most position in the machine, hit OK button and cycled properly, asked the perform cartridge alignment, perform and printer worked properly after that 

HP Recommended

Thanks for posting this, it worked!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.