cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
roadrunner17
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Envy 5530 alignment page issues

HP Recommended
Envy 5530
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Each time I power on my Envy 5530 it immediately demands that I print and scan an alignment page.  After scanning the page it says cartridges are set to default quality.   I am tired of wasting ink and energy printing and scanning alignment pages for no productive reason.  How can I print without having to go through this routine every time it powers on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aardvark1
Retired
Retired
3,446 3,144 246 422
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @roadrunner17 ,

Welcome to the HP forums.

I understand that your Envy 5530 keeps printing the alignment page.

I would like to help.

After scanning the page it says cartridges are set to default quality.

This tells me that the alignment has failed.

This also may be why it keeps trying to align.

An Alignment Page Prints Every Time that the All-in-One is Turned On or Off or a Print Job is Starte...

An Alignment Page Prints Every Time the All-in-One is Turned On or Off or a Print Job is Started

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
6 REPLIES 6
Aardvark1
Retired
Retired
3,446 3,144 246 422
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @roadrunner17 ,

Welcome to the HP forums.

I understand that your Envy 5530 keeps printing the alignment page.

I would like to help.

After scanning the page it says cartridges are set to default quality.

This tells me that the alignment has failed.

This also may be why it keeps trying to align.

An Alignment Page Prints Every Time that the All-in-One is Turned On or Off or a Print Job is Starte...

An Alignment Page Prints Every Time the All-in-One is Turned On or Off or a Print Job is Started

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

roadrunner17
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

z

fireflytoo
2 1 0 1
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How is his issues resolved?  The response only defines the issed.  How to you fix it?

All it says is that "set to default quality" may mean the alignment failed??   Huh?  Somehow I would expect a software update or setting to remedy this mentioned in a help forum.

What am I missing.

This issus is annoying enough to make me trash the printer!  Alignment on every use is unacceptable.

packard_h
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@fireflytoo wrote:

How is his issues resolved?  The response only defines the issed.  How to you fix it?

All it says is that "set to default quality" may mean the alignment failed??   Huh?  Somehow I would expect a software update or setting to remedy this mentioned in a help forum.

What am I missing.

This issus is annoying enough to make me trash the printer!  Alignment on every use is unacceptable.

I totally agree! I have been looking for that answer but can't seem to find one anywhere. It is sooooooo ANNOYING to waste the ink. One time I did not do

it and went thru a entire cartridge having to select allow print - and everything printed just fine without the alignment. I will still continue to look for an answer. No more HP's for me after this - going back to Brother.

Derbish
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, Aardvark 1, your answer doesn't answer the question.  I know these printers are cheap, and everyone knows that printer manufacturers make their money out of consumables, but . . . 

To have to print an alignment page and scan it in, EVERY TIME, the power is turned off, or cartridge changed, or when THE PRINTER feels like it, is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

The cost of ink and paper for the small user is significant as a proportion of the total production.  I have had the device 14 months, used about 750 sheets of paper, and bought 19 cartridges from HP.

And YES I do use draft quality nearly all thge time.

PLEASE tell all these annoyed customers what they want to know:  
HOW DO YOU STOP PAGE ALIGNMENT PROMPTS?

tonak1
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would settle for a cancel alignment option. I get the alignment requests at the most inopportune times and I'm starting to hate this printer!

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation