Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Envy 5530 prints fine but no icons show up on printer screen

HP Recommended
Envy 5530
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have just hooked up an ENVY 5530 printer to my computer, operating system Windows 10.  The printer prints fine but the icons that are supposed to be on the printer screen don't appear.  I just get a screen with HP in the middle, 'setup' (in a blue box) bottom right and 'retail demo' bottom left.  I press 'setup' and nothing happens.

Any advice appreciated.

peter

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 749 1,779
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I noticed that no icons are showing up on your HP Envy 5530 printer screen. I am happy to help you with this issue! 

Please try a hard reset, by following the instructions within this post, How to perform a Hard Reset, by @Rich1. It is important that the printer's power cable is plugged directly into the wall outlet, and not a surge protector. 

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on Accept as Solution on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Hope this helps! 🙂
RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks.  I worked it out by accident.  The touch screen on the printer was very touchy, as in insensitive.  No matter how many times I pressed the blue icon nothing happened.  Then, quite by accident I kind of brushed it softly and it worked.  It needs to be touched in exactly the right way or it doesn't work.  All fine now.

cheers

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation