Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 5640
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP Envy 5640 installed a couple of weeks ago now won't print from my desktop.  I've tried removing & reinstalling, both via USB and wirelessly.  I've downloaded recent software, removed driver, reinstalled, stopped and started print spooler.  In the device window it shows what i'm trying to print, which then disappears from the queue but doesn't print.

Prints fine remotely from an ipad.  Help!

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Give the HP print & scan doctor program a try, link.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks 8lives - I've tried this, and eventually get a message to say that the problem can't be fixed with this software (or similar)  Points me to download a new driver from this site - which I've also tried.  Any more suggestions gratefully received.

withthanks

HP Recommended

Further to above - i thought i might as well give the "doctor" a go again - as i've been battling with this all day.   I get white/green ticks then the option to print a test page.  If i hit print nothing happens (ie it doesn't print - but i can see it spool through the see what is printing screen).  Next step - Test page did not print - suggests printing an internal test page.  This DOES print. 

I then get the message "there is a problem with your software that cannot be fixed by this tool.  Remove the software by clicking "Uninstall".  Reinstall the software with the product CD of by downloading the most current Full Feature software from HP Customer Care."

I have tried both to no avail......

HP Recommended

Check the security settings in the 5640 printer properties and make sure settings for 'All' and 'Creator-owner' have permit 'Print' and ' Administer Documents' checked. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for your prompt reply.  

Yes,  Everyone, Creator Owner have "Allow" checked for Print, Manage this printer, Manage documents in the printer properties.

HP Recommended

Are you running a anti-virus program?

HP Recommended

I've got Microsoft Security Essentials running, but nothing else at the moment.

HP Recommended

Since the last time you were any able to print have you installed anything?

Have you tried printing from another user account?

HP Recommended

No nothing new installed, and same issue with the other user account on the pc.  All very odd.  As i mentioned earlier, i can print fine from two seperate laptops - its just the desktop that's causing me grief!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.