Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an officejet 5740 and am having the same problem.  It printed borderless photos for a couple of years and now no matter what I do it keeps printing a border.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Karen1958,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see by your post that you are trying to print borderless. I will certainly do my best to help you

To assist you better with specific steps, I'd like to know the operating system on your PC. Please reply with the same.

If you are using Windows OS, then let's start with the steps below:

• Go to control panel – Devices and printers
  • Right-click on Envy 5660 and select “Printing preferences” option.
  • Go to “Paper/Quality” / “Layout” tab and select “Advanced tab”
  • Look for an option which says “Borderless printing” and make sure it’s turned “On”
  • Now go to the image you want to print, open the image with “Windows photo viewer” and make sure the correct settings are selected and then try to print.

PS: Borderless option is not supported while you are duplex printing (both the sides of the paper).

Let me know how that goes. Good luck!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your input, however, I did take all the necessary steps to use borderless printing.  I contacted HP and they told me that it is a problem they are having now between Windows 10 and HP.  So until they find a fix you cannot print borderless photos on an HP 5740 Officejet printer.

HP Recommended

Hi @Karen1958,

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I recommend you to try an alternate driver and check whether you can print borderless.

I suggest you install the Envy 7640 driver and check if it helps. Here is how it is done.

Go to devices and printers > Right-click on your printer and go to printer properties > Click on the advanced tab and click new driver > from the manufacturer list select HP and printer select HP envy 7640 and then follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how it goes.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

As I mentioned in my post, I have an officejet 5740.  I have tried downloading full set of drivers and also the basic drivers.  HP says it is a problem they are having with windows 10 right now and are trying to fix it.

HP Recommended

Hi @Karen1958,

I will check with the concerned team and will get back to you in next 3-4 business days.

Thank you for understanding.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.