cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tonytonetone
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Envy 5660 using color ink when printing B&W

HP Recommended
envy 5660
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I'm wondering why my new color ink cartrige is getting used up even though I have only been printing in B&W "draft" mode. Also, when my last color cartrige was running out of ink, B&W prints were suffering even though the black cartrige was full.

WTH is up with this? I shouldn't be using up my color cartrige doing draft prints of B&W text docs.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,370 90,247 11,602 24,885
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

How do you setup your printer to print B&W ? Please note: you can mix prime colors with a right amount to get all colors from black to white. Printers will do the same. If you wish to use Black Ink Only, you need to tell your printer to use Black Ink Only (not Grayscale).

One more thing: Printer always use all color inks during warming up process.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
tonytonetone
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

I see no option anywhere to select between grayscale and black ink only in the print dialog or settings.

I currently have it set to "Black and White - Draft" with the Black & White box checked.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation