Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5660
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I recently purchased an HP Envy 5660 after my C4780 Photosmart broke. After about two weeks and only printing about a dozen photos, my ink is already out. I notice the prints come out very wet and slightly blurry from the ink bleeding.

I did not have this problem on my C4780 despite using the same photo paper and printer settings. Also, the colorsync seems inaccurate. I've tried many different settings, but the colors are not producing accurately. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @clauderidder, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand when you print from your printer the print comes out wet and blurry.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Are you using a photo paper or regular paper to print?

Have you tried making a copy from your printer? Does the issue persist?

Check the print settings for your print job on a Mac.
Open a document, click File, and then click Print.
The Print window opens.
Select the Paper Type/Quality or Media & Quality menu.
Depending on your print job, you might consider modifying the following settings:
Paper type: If one of the options matches your paper type exactly, select that option.
Quality: Select paper quality as the draft mode.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot print quality issues.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, I have not seen improvement from this printer.

I did not make changes to the printer.

I am using 44lb soft-gloss paper, and have been using this paper for all recent prints, including on my previous HP Photosmart C4780 printer.

I always check the paper type and select photo paper.

I always use Colorsync and choose Automatic.

But the problems still exist: 

1. Printer uses way too much ink. I just installed a brand new genuine HP tri-color cartridge today and after just FOUR prints (3 colorsync mode and 1 preview mode), the supply status shows tri-color is down to around 60%. Printing at draft may be much quicker and use less ink but the colors are even worse/faint.

2. Color matching is inaccurate. Even when selecting Colorsync, they are inaccurate. Was not this way on my C4780. But this Envy 5660 is way off. I even tried different Colorsync profiles such as sRGB IEC61966-2.1 (which my designs/images are made at in Photoshop).

This is very disappointing. I bought this brand new only a few weeks ago and it burns through ink at an alarming rate and the inabilitiy to producer colors accurately is troubling and hurting my work.

HP Recommended

Hi @clauderidder

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 
You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 
Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.