cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
debbers
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Envy 5660 won't scan full size pictures

HP Recommended
Envy 5660
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

My new HP Envy 5660 won't scan pictures at full size - all pictures come through as small upper left hand corner images.  These can't post on social media correctly.  My older HP all in one did all scanning automatically, depositing them in my 'scanned pictures' file.  This printer sends everything to documents as a pdf.  I've tried a clean uninstall and reinstalling - makes no difference.  When I asked for help from HP, they wanted remote control over my computer, which makes me very uncomfortable.  Scanning seems to be a problem with most HP printers - wouldn't you think they'd have a fix by now?  Very frustrating..........

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,235 13,183 1,343 3,488
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP forum.

Have you truied selecting the "Scan Size" on the printer software? (assuming you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software)

An example is shown here :

Scan Size.jpg

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
debbers
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've tried it all...cropping, emailing, custom, all different sizes, everyday scan,  - nothing works.   : (

0 Kudos
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI,

Just to be clear, you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software?

Can you do that if you have not done so?  

It's indeed very strange that if you select the Scan area and it doesn't scan the full area.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
debbers
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If by 'full feature software', you mean the entire suite that came on the installation disk, that's correct.   
And it is strange - i've never had a problem before, with ANY scanner installation, although the Envy is a little convoluted when it comes to choices - too many!!

0 Kudos
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you try this alternative Scan software from HP :

HP Scan Extended

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Let us know if that works.

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
debbers
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I downloaded the extended scan, ran it, rebooted (since it asked me to), and then when I went to find it, it said 'image not found'.  the icon is there, just won't execute.    Is there something else I can try before I throw this printer against the wall?      : )

0 Kudos
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Not entirely sure if you have the FULL feature software installed.

Can you download and install the FULL feature printer software from HP for your operating system:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-5660-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6809225/mod...

Choose the correct Operating system and the FULL feature software before downloading.

We'd recommend that you uninstall the previous software before reinstalling the downloaded one.

Let us know if that works!

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
debbers
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for all your help.  I did download your link after uninstalling my previous - it was the same.  Unfortunately, the cropping of all small pictures is just something I'll have to do.  It's just an extra step that I didn't have to make before, but I can live with it........  : )

0 Kudos
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation