cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ColoradoKG
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Envy 7645 - says connected but laptop can't find it

HP Recommended
Envy 7645
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Desperately seeking help! 

My laptop (Lenovo Yoga) and my printer both show connected to our home wireless network, but my laptop cannot find the printer.  

I have restarted the laptop, the printer, the router.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers multiple times.

Please let  me know if you have any other suggestions.  I am out of warranty by a few months so I really need to make this one work!

Many thanks,

Katherine

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,950 42,190 4,642 12,403
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Download the HP Printer install wizard to your notebook. Double click it to install the prinbter and driver.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL50403/mp-150580-2/hppiw.exe

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
ColoradoKG
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response!  I used the wizard and  I can print via USB but I still cannot communicate via wireless.  Do you have have additional suggestions?

Thanks again!
Katherine

0 Kudos
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,950 42,190 4,642 12,403
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Use the panel on the printer to print out the wireless settings. Once you have the HP identifier for the printer you should have no problem connecting to it once you have the printer setup as wireless on the notebook.

Peruse the PDF version of the setup manual for your printer at the link below. Use the wireless settngs section to learn how to connect to the printer. See the control panel section to understand  how to see if you  printer is on and ready to print from.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04426091

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
ColoradoKG
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.  We shut down all laptops and printers in the house.  The shut down the router for 15 minutes.  Everything seems to have resolved as a result.

Have a great day!
Katherine

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation