Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

2017-0210  I am having report  print errors on  plain paper of  Super condensed print that I can't read or adjust on HP INKJET ENVY 5530e using MacBook-Pro Sierra,  Infinite Kind's Moneydance 2015 Program-JavaScript based?

..........MONEYDANCE CAN BE USED WITH MOST ALL OPERATING SYSTEMS (Apple, Windows, etc)

USING: MacBook-Pro MACOS=Sierra v 10.12.3, The Infinite Kind's Moneydance-2015 Program, and Wireless Printer  HP ENVY 5530e.....

All other printing from Internet, pages, numbers, iCloud email, &  iMesssages ,all print just fine.

I  have downloaded & installed  from HP the HP EVNY 5530e drivers for MAC iOS......and still get super condensed printing (reports-plain paper) when trying to print from The Infinite Kind's "MONEYDANCE 2015" program.

Is there known problems, fixes, open issues, etc.,  for this 'SUPER CONDENSED TYPE FONT with this printer?

Is there a newer driver for Mac Sierra OS 10.12.3?

Since MONEYDANCE uses Oracle's Java Scrip, I think,  is there a possible ISSUE with JAVASCRIPT & printing to ENVY 5530e?

Previously was using Mac El Caitain and MONEYDANCE 2014 and had no printing issues using Moneydance 2014.

I have re-checked settings for printer on my MacBook and evidently all OK as I can print correctly other than with the Moneydance 2015 Program.

Any help, suggestions, referrals  would be appreciated.

Thanks, bm2400

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello, @bm2400 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I see that you are having issues while printing using the Moneydance 2015 program. I did some digging and found a couple of “infinitekind” threads discussing the same issue. I came across a possible solution in those threads, please try checking the box marked 'Share this printer on the network' under your Mac's System Preferences. To access this option, click the Apple logo in the top left corner -> System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners.

This strangely has resolved a number of printing issues that have arisen with this software, but if the issue persists, try installing the latest drivers as suggested below:

• Uninstall the old printer drivers first. Follow the steps mentioned here: http://hp.care/2cKwLyC
  • Now run the Apple Software Update. Check here for steps: http://hp.care/2cNgw3C
  • Restart your computer and printer.
  • Click the Apple menu icon, and then click “System Preferences”.
  • Click “Printers and Scanner” / “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.
  • Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click “Reset printing system”.
  • Click “Reset” in the confirmation window.
  • Enter an administrator username and password, and then click “OK”.
  • Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list
  • Now click http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL51758/mp-125221-5/HP-ENVY-5530-series_v12.34.0.dmg to download and install the printer driver.
  • In the “Add printer” window, make sure you add the printer as mentioned below:
  1. Click the “Add button” (+).
  2. Find, and then select the name of your printer from the printer list, and then click “Add” to add your printer.
  3. Click “Print Using...”, and then select the name of your printer (By default “Airprint” would be selected)

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for reply. I had done all that and so tried again....Problems not all exactly as you say in following steps you referred to do......I

I did not find a "HP Folder, etc" only several HP files - scan, photo creations, etc--, so I trashed ALL HP Files.

Did not find any Updates all ok.

When I downloaded HP drivers, etc there were many items to download---)selected all of them.

After download complete said to continue to finish but then it seemed to stall out and for over 20 minutes nothing happened . I then went to System Preferences.....Printers &a Scanners and the screen showed "No printers are available" click ADD ( +) to set up a printer.  Which I did click on + and NO PRINTER was listed.  I would think the HP 5530e Wireless Printer would have been listed?

Also after downloading if I clicked on down progress bar (top bar) after after down load done..the screen displays a box  Showis two items....HP ENVY 5530 Series.pkg AND Documents...containing HP ENVY...series.pkg.   so what to do???

lchhose the first, checked all to install, entered password and started installation....Then screen showed completed successfully....with a box.....HP Utility is the application that you use to setup and manage HP printers. When you close this installer, HP UTILITY Setup Assistant will automatically open and guide you through the remaining steps to prepare your HP printer for use....DONE Closed...Screen pop-up asking to "KEEP" or "TRASH" .. clicked on KEEP..Then screen went to Box for HP Utility - - Setup - ENVY 5530 series with the wheel twirling, No Printer was ever listed under device name column..connection..details..and the twirling wheel never stopping..even after 30 minutes... it locked here at this step and never finished..........

I am a novice and failed at both options on bottom of box -- My Device is Not Listed.  & Specify Device Manually....ugh!!!!

So, I tried to set up using menu on printers.....WiFi ...Wireless....and entered password for My WiFi but did not show installed as a printer on my MacBook (Sierra 10.12.3) so can not print anything.

So since this. DID NOT WORK I went to Finder-Downloads-and double clicked on HP-ENVY-5530-series_12.34.0.dmg

To install printer......the program got hung up in same manner and did not finish as mentioned above..

So Now I have no print capabilities at all on the ENVY printer, actually worse off as my Mac will not connect with it wirelessly at all to print or SETUP......bummer......

After I have wasted all this time and several tries I would appreciate any responses to have actually gone through the references step by step so easier to understand the directions given......a lot of problems trying to follow original instructions-----

Thanks for trying, but had tried all before....so must be some REAL problems with HP Drivers and Download-Install Program as well as other problems?

Regards, bm2400

HP Recommended

Hello, @bm2400

Thanks for the reply & appreciate all your efforts 🙂

I understand you went through a great deal of difficulty while installing the drivers. I would suggest reconnecting the printer again, then install the printer using the MAC built-in drivers. 

First, perform a network default and then connect the printer to the network. Here are the steps:

1. Go to Wireless - Settings - Restore network defaults.
  2. Now again go to Wireless - Wireless setup Wizard.
  3. Follow the printer screen instructions to connect the printer back to the network.

Now, try to add the printer on your Sierra. Follow the steps below:

1. Click the Apple menu icon, and then click “System Preferences”.
  2. Click “Printers and Scanner” / “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.
  3. Click the “Add button” (+).
  4. Find, and then select the name of your printer from the printer list, and then click “Add” to add your printer.
  5. Click “Print Using...”, and then select the name of your printer (By default “Airprint” would be selected)

If the printer is still not shows in the add printer wizard, then perform a network power drain:

1. Turn off all the devices connected on your network including the PC, Smartphones, printer, modem (if present) and router. Make sure all the devices in the network are turned off / unplugged.
  2. Wait for 2-3 minutes.
  3. Now turn on the modem if present. Wait till all the lights are steady and idle.
  4. Then turn on the router. Again wait for a couple of minutes so that the lights are all steady.
  5. Then turn on the printer and other devices.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

After following steps through click on http....ENVY 5530 Install I.....at this point the Install showed--when CLOSED the program will finish and then be sure to add (+) and select ENVY5530 Printer ... None of this happened and the system hung up (left on over night) and still was searching for printer?????

So must be a problem with HP Utility Prigram as this is the same error many times that I have tried.....

Can HP Support actually try these steps on a MacBook-Pro With this version of Sierra OS to see what is happening to cause it not to finish.... The ENVY 5530 Printer is never listed in printers box after clicking on add (+) printer.. 

I even tried to set this thing up using USB wired connection and could not get anything to show either.  

I was was able to print "HP Network Configuration Page..... -and show in part....

Ready..Wireless..http://HP66.......  (Is this correct----this to be my router address???

802.11 Wireless shows connected..to my network...my access point..automatic IPvr (all seem correct)....

Wireless direct Off Port 9100-EnabledBonjour EnabledWs both enabled

IPP enabled

802.11 networks discover -- (Mine are listed)

So out of patience with setting this up..

Yes printer sharing box checked in preferences-printers.....not internet though..

Before update to Sierra and Moneydance 2015 was printing Wirelessly just fine with every program.....so what changed?.

Please solve this problem soon.

Thanks bm2400

HP Recommended

YEAH !!!!  printing, finally, after going through various HP instructions & support sites:  123;  hp. Go;  setup wireless printers... etc.  So, after downloading on MacBook and with the installation getting stuck .... while waiting to finish.... and the printer name not showing up in printer box to add or click on to setup.....I then followed the instructions (used my iPad for forums & instruction):    with printer gturned on & Wi-Fi symbol bright or blinking, then unplugged Cord from printer, & turned off my router for 5 minutes. Turned on router , plugged live power cord to printer and BEYOND MY BElIEF when I went to System Preferences-/Scanners the box displayed (Finally)  ENVY 5530 printer to click on and add.....  At that point , the printer was installed and I checked Box .... Share this printer on the network.....So after almost two days this Wireless printer is printing correctly from MacBook (Sierra) using Moneydance2015....

Hopefully I will not have to do that again....!!!!!!

WOW wat a nightmare but finall was successful from looking at 3-4 HP Websites for complete installation

Maybe HP Support can use this to come up with better instructions, more complete,  to get a Wireless Printer, installed, setup, connected to Network and printing  -- ALL AUTOMATICALLY within the software AND test first each step is accurate and they actually work before presenting to the USERS in any Support or Forum Web Site.

F.Y.I.  I went to Finder-Downloada & Applications and still no "HP Folder" they contain........

Downloads contained two files:

HP Easy Start.app

HP-ENVY-5530-series_v12.34.0.dmg

Applications contained two files:

HP Easy Scan.app

HP Photo Creations.app

Thanks Hp Support for providing the Support Forum & many Instructions & Articles for help.

Regards, bm2400

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved. Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.