cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
serge_dugal
Level 4
97 65 2 3
Message 1 of 25
Flag Post

Solved!

Error 59.3 Designjet T2300

HP Recommended
Designjet T2300
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi.

I was ask to look at a Designjet T2300 for an error 8.01.

Someone before me as tried to solve the problem by replacing the formater and the disk drive, that are both recycle parts.

Because of that, it have created an error 59.3 & 8.04 (plotter require new original parts to work).

Also the control panel have been replace.

So after few tests it look like the disk drive need to be replace.

Do i have to replace the formatter as well when i replace the disk drive?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
SHThompson
Level 12
3,729 3,679 305 667
Message 2 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You need to reinstall the original control panel first and then you will probably have to replace just the disk drive.

I have heard that the serial number of the printer is in the control panel.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a technician for a post click the thumbs up button under the post. You can even click both buttons. <g>

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
0 Kudos
SHThompson
Level 12
3,729 3,679 305 667
Message 3 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I did some further reading and you will need a new formatter too, depending on the version of the machine you will either need a separate formatter and hard drive or a formatter that already has a hard drive installed.

If you have the A version of the machine you need the formatter and hard drive as separate parts, if you have the B version of the machine you get the parts as a set.

Your best bet might be to put the original parts all back in the machine and start the troubleshooting over and then post on the forum your error code and the lights on the formatter at the time of failure the lights have Roman numerals beside them which are kind of hard to see but correspond to the light number.

0 Kudos
serge_dugal
Author
Level 4
97 65 2 3
Message 4 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi.

Thanks for the advise. How can i find out what version is the plotter?

0 Kudos
serge_dugal
Author
Level 4
97 65 2 3
Message 5 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is the version A or B is the last letter of the model? The plotter that i work on is model: CN728B

0 Kudos
SHThompson
Level 12
3,729 3,679 305 667
Message 6 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That would be the B version in so you were supposed to get the formatter and hard drive as a set, it would have a single part number that would get both pieces.

0 Kudos
SHThompson
Level 12
3,729 3,679 305 667
Message 7 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CN727-67036 Formatter and HDD  B version

Have you reinstalled the original Operator panel? If you don't know which one is the original you need a new one to go with the Formatter and HDD.

If post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it. To thank a technician for a post click the thumbs up button under the post. You can even click both buttons. <g>

0 Kudos
serge_dugal
Author
Level 4
97 65 2 3
Message 8 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi.

Thanks again for your help.

Is those notes that you saw are in the service manual?

If not, is it possible that i get a copy of those notes?

The reason is that i want to tell the owner why he have to spent for the extra parts.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
SHThompson
Level 12
3,729 3,679 305 667
Message 9 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Some of that information is confidential and only available to HP partners.

I also just had an interesting adventure with a Z5400 that was fortunately still in warranty, HP had to send in a tech to run a special utility not available to me in order to get rid of a 59.3 error.

If you check the A version of the T2300 and the A version of the Z5400 use the same formatter, the B version of each machine uses a different part number because it comes with a hard drive with firmware installed.

So I had some recent personal experience with this, and I am an authorized tech who works for an HP partner.

SHT

serge_dugal
Author
Level 4
97 65 2 3
Message 10 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ShT.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation