cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error 79 on Hp MFP 1536dnf

This issue has started cropping up recently in multiple locations with multiple printers in various environments.  We have a an HP MFP 1536dnf printer in a couple of locations.  Each location has a simple local network and a couple of computers.  Within the last 2 weeks Error 79 has started appearing on the printers.  Doing a reset has not been successful and we are using the latest drivers from the HP website.  We have also replaced and swapped the printers to no avail.

Interestingly, if I shut off one of the computers, delete the print queue in the computer that is still on the error goes away and printing works.  

Once I turn the other computer on the problem ensues.  Reinstalling the driver on the offending computer causes the problem to stop for a few days and the same problem happens again requiring a driver reinstall.  This has happened in two different locations that are not connected to each other around the same time period.  This setup has been working for over a year before this.  

My guess is possibly some kind of automatic update happening, possibly with windows update that is causing this problem?  Does anyone have any insight into this?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
15,163 14,989 855 2,160
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error 79 on Hp MFP 1536dnf

Hello there! Welcome to the forums @TechGuy07 🙂

Please check out the solution another community member shared with us in the post below.

Solution! Re: LaserJet 1536dnf error 79

I hope it fixes your Error 79 issue as well!

If the troubleshooting does not help at all, I would lastly suggest technical support.

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Happy Thursday!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation