Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (722 Views)
Accepted Solution

Error Code: 21.1812.01.2.25016

I had to replace a hard drive in a Sony RA-820G due to the present one failing.  I pulled the bad drive, put new one in, and installed the OS and other software.  I noticed the new hdd now is I: instead of C:.  I tried to install a HP OfficeJet 7310 on this computer and got the following notice:

This device is not ready.

File:  C:\Temp\HP_Webrelease

Error Code:  21.1812.01.2.25016

Please send the error code to Support@Netopsystem.com

Any help on this problem would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

You probably did a "install now" instead of "download only"

When you do "install now", IE start download and expand the contents to a temp folder. Probably in your windows, the temp folder is still set as "c:\temp" - which the system couldn't find the path because your hd is actually i: The reason for Netopsystem.com is that is the company created the FEAD tool that many use to compress the downloads. It couldn't find temp folder to expand to.

I would suggest try download first to local hd, and run it from local hd. If it still complains about c:\temp - and you can't change the hd to c:, then maybe download it to a different computer with c:, to let it uncompress, and copy over?

View solution in context
Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 3 (711 Views)

You probably did a "install now" instead of "download only"

When you do "install now", IE start download and expand the contents to a temp folder. Probably in your windows, the temp folder is still set as "c:\temp" - which the system couldn't find the path because your hd is actually i: The reason for Netopsystem.com is that is the company created the FEAD tool that many use to compress the downloads. It couldn't find temp folder to expand to.

I would suggest try download first to local hd, and run it from local hd. If it still complains about c:\temp - and you can't change the hd to c:, then maybe download it to a different computer with c:, to let it uncompress, and copy over?

===================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *
** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (698 Views)

Re: You probably did a "install now" instead of "download only"

I downloaded the file to another computer, clicked on it to expand it, and then cancelled installation.  Burnt a DVD of the files in c:\temp\hp_webrelease and then installed on the computer which has the 7310 installed.  Thanks for your help!!!!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation