Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8625
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I have been ignoring "ink low" warnings for a while, because, as you all know, there is still plenty of ink when you get the "ink low" message.  Anyway, I recently got an unusual "ink cartridge malfunction" message (paraphrased---don't know the exact message).  So I figured it was probably about time to put in new ink cartridges.  Only one was low ( the cayan), so I replaced it.  No changes.  I ended up chan ging all 4 ink cartridges and no changes, still "ink cartridge malfunction".  And nothing I did would clear this error message.  I finally unplugged the printer, thinking that it would reset.  No.  I plugged it back in and turned it on, and there is a solid blue screen, where the "Print/Scan/Fax" options are, with a number:  063CC413 in the middle of the blue field.   Anyone out there venture a guess as to how I can clear this blue screen and get back to printing?

CaptainWacoal

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@CaptainWacoal

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting error while printing on HP Officejet 8625 printer. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Reset the printer.

1. Turn on the printer.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
  4. Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
  5. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
  6. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  7. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  8. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  9. Turn on the printer.

Click here and follow the document to fix this issue.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

To SandyTech20;

I would do as you suggest, except for the fact that the ink carriage (with the 4 ink cartridges) is all the way to the right, and it won't budge.  I unplugged the printer and tried to force the carriage free, to no avail.  Any suggestions on how to free up the ink carriage and get it to the left of the machine so that I can remove the 4 print cartridges?

HP Recommended

Hi @CaptainWacoal,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you have tried to check and found that the cartridge is stuck on the right side, this definitely looks like a hardware issue. I would suggest you try to move the carriage manually and check if that helps. If the issue persists, I would personally suggest this could be a printer hardware. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for available service related options. If your product is out of warranty, please don't forget to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.