cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jorcsa
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error Message Oxc18a0001 on Photosmart C8180

I have a HP Photosmart C 8180.  It keeps giving me the error message: Ink System Failure Error: Oxc18a0001.  I have tried resetting the printer and removing the cartridges but it keeps given the same error message.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3
bouncer8219
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sounds pretty much like the problem I have just encountered with a different error message, see recent post.

0 Kudos
kebaboclock
1 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a HP Photosmart C 8180.  It keeps giving me the error message: Ink System Failure Error: Oxc18a0001.  I have tried resetting the printer and removing the cartridges but it keeps given the same error message

Level 8
1,792 1,787 82 285
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey kebaboclock,

I'd recommend taking a look at this article for some help since the error code you listed is reported directly within it:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00489814

or ~

Solution one: Reset the product
  1. Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.
    NOTE:The USB cable connects to the port on the rear of the product. The port is labeled with the USB icon ( ). If your printer has a network or wireless connection, ignore this step.
    Figure 1: Example USB connection (your product might not look exactly the same as this example)
    Description of disconnecting the USB cable.
  2. Remove the cartridges from the product.
  3. Wait until a message to insert the cartridges displays. If you do not see a message within a few minutes, skip to the next step.
    NOTE:If your printer does not have a display, wait until the cartridge lights blink. If the cartridge lights do not blink within a few minutes, skip to the next step.
  4. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
  5. Wait 60 seconds.
  6. Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button ( ).
  7. Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.
  8. If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
  9. If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the product.
  10. Try printing again.
showhide
For the HP Officejet Pro 8500A e-All-in-One printer series only
If your product is from the HP Officejet Pro 8500A e-All-in-One printer series, your product might need a firmware update. Use the following steps to determine if a firmware update is necessary and then download new firmware if needed.
Determine if a firmware update is necessary
NOTE:If the printer is connected to a network with internet access, the printer’s firmware can be updated through the front panel and in most cases will automatically update as necessary without any user input. In order for this to occur, web services must be enabled. For users connected to a network with internet access, you can search for product updates from the front panel of the device.
Follow these steps to determine the current version of firmware installed on the product.
Print a self-test report from the control panel.
  1. Load letter or A4, unused, plain white paper into the product input tray.
  2. Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
  3. On the product touch screen, touch the Right Arrow ( ) to display the second navigation screen.
  4. Touch Setup ( ) on the control panel display. The Setup Menu displays.
  5. Touch the Down Arrow ( ), and then touch Reports .
  6. Touch Printer Status Report . The self-test report prints.
  7. Identify the current firmware version on the Printer Status Report .
  8. Determine if newer firmware is available for your product. Visit the HP product software page at the link provided below:
    Click this link, Get Software and Drivers .
  9. Enter your specific product information to search for product software for your product.
  10. Select your operating system.
  11. Under firmware, compare the version available on the web to what is on your printer’s status report.

12. If the version matches what is on your printer status report , there is no need to install firmware. Proceed to the next solution.
  13. If the firmware version does NOT match what is on your printer status report , proceed to install the newer firmware by following the instructions on the firmware download page.

Solution two: Service the product

If you have completed all the preceding steps and are still experiencing a problem, service the product.
Determine if your product is in warranty or out of warranty. If you need help determining your product’s warranty status, go to HP’s Warranty Check Tool .
  • If your product is in warranty , contact HP.
  • If your product is out of warranty , click here to view additional printer support options starting as low as $20.

Hope this helps!

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. 🙂

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation