Note on archived topics.
11-17-2009 08:46 PM
03-25-2012 04:58 AM
I have a HP Photosmart C 8180. It keeps giving me the error message: Ink System Failure Error: Oxc18a0001. I have tried resetting the printer and removing the cartridges but it keeps given the same error message
03-26-2012 01:18 PM - last edited on 04-19-2016 09:16 AM by OscarFuentes
I'd recommend taking a look at this article for some help since the error code you listed is reported directly within it:
- Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.NOTE:The USB cable connects to the port on the rear of the product. The port is labeled with the USB icon ( ). If your printer has a network or wireless connection, ignore this step.Figure 1: Example USB connection (your product might not look exactly the same as this example)
- Remove the cartridges from the product.
- Wait until a message to insert the cartridges displays. If you do not see a message within a few minutes, skip to the next step.NOTE:If your printer does not have a display, wait until the cartridge lights blink. If the cartridge lights do not blink within a few minutes, skip to the next step.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button ( ).
- Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
- If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the product.
- Try printing again.
- Load letter or A4, unused, plain white paper into the product input tray.
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
- On the product touch screen, touch the Right Arrow ( ) to display the second navigation screen.
- Touch Setup ( ) on the control panel display. The Setup Menu displays.
- Touch the Down Arrow ( ), and then touch Reports .
- Touch Printer Status Report . The self-test report prints.
- Identify the current firmware version on the Printer Status Report .
- Determine if newer firmware is available for your product. Visit the HP product software page at the link provided below:Click this link, Get Software and Drivers .
- Enter your specific product information to search for product software for your product.
- Select your operating system.
- Under firmware, compare the version available on the web to what is on your printer’s status report.
- If the version matches what is on your printer status report , there is no need to install firmware. Proceed to the next solution.
- If the firmware version does NOT match what is on your printer status report , proceed to install the newer firmware by following the instructions on the firmware download page.
- If your product is in warranty , contact HP.
- If your product is out of warranty , click here to view additional printer support options starting as low as $20.
Hope this helps!
If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. 🙂