Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
officejet 6500a plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I attempt to print, the display reads "out of paper" and : Load paper in the printer.  There is paper in the printer,

and when I continue to try to print, the error code 0x610000f6 appears.  I used the HP support  troubleshooting for

that error code, but, no cigar. Has anybody experienced this problem before?  Hope you can help.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve the 0x610000f6 error on your Officejet 6500a.  If you have been through the steps in that document without success you might try cleaning the encoder strip as shown in the post here.  The encoder strip is fragile, please read and heed the warnings.  Only use water to clean the strip, not alcohol or any other solvents as the fine lines printed on the strip are needed for proper operation of the printer.  Be gentle!

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I cleaned the encoder strip and still got error message "no paper in printer"  "please load the printer with paper".

Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve the "please load paper" messsage on your Officejet 6500a plus printer.

The document I gave previously, as well as the instructions for cleaning the encoder strip were to address the 0x610000f6 error message.  Are you still seeing that error message?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Yes, I still receive the error message "out of paper"  "Please load paper in the printer"

Anything else we can try?

HP Recommended

Bob,  the only time I received the 0x61000f6 message was when I continued to try to print despite the "out of paper"

message.  After multiple attempt , I got the 0x61000f6 message.

Can you help me with the "out of paper" problem?

HP Recommended

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve the "please load paper" messsage on your Officejet 6500a plus printer.

^^^  Click on the link in blue above, it will open a document with troubleshooting steps.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.