Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LRichey Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error message 49.38.07

I keep getting the error message 49.38.07 and the message turn off then turn back on.

Hp printer  Laserjet  M602

How can I correct this?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES
Intern
Intern
25 2 3
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error message 49.38.07

You can fix by performing a partial disk cleaning.  Power up.  When all lights are on, press stop.  Scroll to Administrative menu.  Scroll to Partial clean.  Press OK.  Back out to Continue.  Press OK.

Teacher
Teacher
338 3 8
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error message 49.38.07

That is a firmware issue do the previously mentioned process. 

You might need to upgrade firmware.

If you are using Troy secure printing this is a know issue and Troy is working on an upgrade.

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
657 26 70
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error message 49.38.07

Hello, easy way to test this issue is to unplug from the network, power cycle machine and see if the error comes back. If it does not then try some internal test prints if they print then there is a corrupt job or data hitting the printer causing it to have the 49 error code.

I would clear the cue and upgrade firmware, but clear the cue first because I have seen where I have upgraded the firmware with the jobs sitting in the cue causing the error even after the upgrade. Once I cleared cue, power cycled machine, I then ran a test print of the same file that was previously printed and there was no error.

Hope this helps......

olami Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error message 49.38.07

what can i do now to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
7128 554 974
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error message 49.38.07

First thing you can do before posting is to try what was mentioned above and tell us in your post that you tried all the solutions above and what happened after you tried each one.
0 Kudos
MikeScreen Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error message 49.38.07

I had the same "49.38.07 Error" after each page printed on a LaserJet 500 color M551 working in PostScript mode. Say I needed to print 5 copies of a sheet of labels from Microsoft Word, it would print just one page and then give the error, requiring power off and on again for each sheet. I tried a firmware update, a disk clean as suggested here, and several other different settings, which did not help.

What solved the problem for me was to disable the Collated option in the printer settings. Printing as Uncollated never gave the error again.

I hope this helps, and that HP fixes this (and many other issues that seem to affect PostScript printing).

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation