cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
qwertyuiop123
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 23
Flag Post

Error message - cartridge problem - HP HP Officejet Pro 8610

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610
Windows XP

My sparingly used  2 month old HP Officejet Pro 8610 says cartridge problem. I tried removing and reinstalling cartridges and even replacing with brand new cartridges. Still same message is displayed - 'Cartridge problem ' Help please.

0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
JERENDS
Retired
Retired
3,722 3,670 263 488
Message 2 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello qwertyuiop123,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that your Officejet Pro 8610 is not accepting inks, is it just a certain one or all of them? This issue is best matched with this support guide: A 'Cartridge Missing' or 'Incompatible Ink Cartridges' Error Message Displays for HP Officejet Pro 8....

Some steps will be ones you have already done, I suggest skipping only the steps regarding trying another ink, as that is pricey and you've already done it.

Hope this helps,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
AlisaMet
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Using my HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 .. an error came up on the printer that cartridges appear to be damaged.. I replace all cartiridges with new ones twice and still recieve the same message..

Please help...

0 Kudos
laut
3 3 0 0
Message 4 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having this same problem with my computer.  It is still under warranty and I am on the phone with HP tech support and they have no idea what is wrong.  This isn't a matter of replacing the ink or following any of HP's known protocals.  It is a hardward failure and I am going to have to replace my printer.

0 Kudos
Kathy25
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have the same error message and reinserted and cleaned the contact and now two cartridges are coming up as errors (instead of one)! I unplugged the machine as well.
0 Kudos
wnduffy
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same model but it is 14 months old. Presented a message that it was out of ink. Purchased new HP Ink from Frys. Replaced all cartridges at the same time and received the message immediately "Y one or more cartridges appear damaged" but when I open the door to re-seat and or adjust the print head, I received the message "the cover or door must be completely closed to print" and the print head remains in its right-most position where I can not replace a cartridge or printhead. 

0 Kudos
M4TE49
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It seems a hardware fault with HP printers although HP are not intereted in helping my printer is less than a year old had problems anytime I tried to put a cartride in that was not a HP branded cartride so now I only buy theirs. But still get damaged cartride message starts with Y then cycles through all the cartridges saying they are all damaged. Amazing in this day and age that its still hard to buy a printer that is realiable. Amazing that on HP support forum no one from HP can really help.

0 Kudos
Charmaine_
Level 4
48 48 5 14
Message 8 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!

You can try cleaning the copper contacts on the printhead and then restart the printer.

However, if you still get the same error msg after doing this and also replacing your carts, you can try replacing the printhead. The PH assembly comes with setup carts so you can initialize it then just use your old carts once the setup carts are all used up.

Let me know if this helped. 🙂

"Although I am working for HP, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP"
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
NotafanofHP1
3 3 0 0
Message 9 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Im having the same problem with getting error messages saying that my cart. is giving problems. I even replaced filled cart. with brand new one and it still is doing the same thing. Sorry, that is a horrible idea to replace to printerhead. As much as it cost, I would just get a new printer. And that fact that you dont even know if that is whats causing the problem is even more rediculous that you would suggest buying a new printer head. 

HP support is extremely poor and I regret ever buying an HP product. I also have a 2000 HP printer in my office also and so far ive had no issues but given my exp. with the 8610 now, I will most definately never ever purchase another HP product. I would be less frustrated if I could just call and speak to someone but that is an impossible task and with such **bleep** products, I'm not surprised that getting a customer service person on the phone is this hard. Thanks for nothing HP.  

0 Kudos
glide-bpm
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My 8610 just started this crap with the black ink cartridge...

If a new cartridge doesn't fix it (losign a 3/4 full one if this one is simply a cartridge only failure),

then you can kiss my ass goodbye for buying anymore HP products, too!!!

This is **bleep**!!!  My school teacher wife relies on this for the stuff she can't print after they run her out of the school!!!

You had best pray that a new cartridge is the fix for me and that I don't get this message less than halfway through a high dollar XL cartridge again!!!  I'll make sure our whole IT department at my corporation knows about the failures with these.  I have one in my construction trailer at work at one of our plants and we'll toss HP to the curb!!!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation