cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dlstier
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error message on officejet 5510 all-in-one.

I have an error message on my officejet 5510 as follows:  "Error:0xf0af8004"  

No buttons on the control panel or number panel work at all.  All three function buttons (Copy, Fax, Scan) are blinking.

I have tried unplugging the unit for 30 seconds, then re-plugging.  Same error message appears.

We had a storm recently, and I'm wondering if the unit is completely trashed now.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 16
Level 16
32,653 26,027 2,379 8,062
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The page here suggests removing the USB cable, removing the cartridges and then unplugging the printer for 1 minute without turning off the power.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
pmhaseeb2010
Level 4
88 84 0 15
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The product displays an 0x ... error code when printing (for example Error: 0xf0af8004). These error codes indicate that the product has an internal condition.
Solution
Use the instructions below to resolve the issue by restarting the product.

Disconnect the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable from the back of the product, but leave the product turned on.
Open the cover of the product and remove the print cartridges.
Close the cover and wait for the Insert Ink Cartridges message to display.
Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product and wait for one minute.
Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button.
Open the cover and reinsert the print cartridges.
Close the cover. If prompted, print a calibration page.
Reconnect the USB cable, and try to print a print job from the computer.

If these steps did not resolve the issue, contact HP technical support for assistance.

tecnical support for hp printing
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation