Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus, I cannot find a way to unlock the features that I need to reconfigure my wireless information after changing my router.

75 REPLIES 75
HP Recommended

Hi,

Click the Wireless icon on the prnter - can you locate the IP address r will the error immediately appears?

If you cannot locate the IP via the printer screen. click the right arrow and then select Setup.

Locate the Reports Menu.

Print a Network Configuration Page and locate the printer IP from there.

Type the IP address into your web browser to access the printer homepage.

Enter the Settings tab,

Click Administrator Settings.

Verify that both Connectivity Wireless and Connectivity Wireless Access Point are checked, then click Apply and check for any change.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

When I print out my network configuration page, there is no IP address listed. Is that somehow being hidden?  Any other suggestions so I don't have to run a wire across my desk? Thanks!

HP Recommended

As per your instructions, I've printed the Network config page, and have mIP addres.

WHERE is the web browser we type the IP into...my computer, or the printer?  No web browser page on the printer. Put  the IP into the computer and there's nowhere to go to get theprinter home page. 

HP Recommended

Hi rlcbird,

I understand you are getting an error message with your printer stating "this feature has been locked by administrator." Sorry to hear this is happening to you but I will do my best to help from here.

Now that you have your IP address, you will want to open a web browser on the computer. A web browser would be Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox (also Safari if you're on a Mac). Once you open one of these browsers you want to type your IP address into the address bar (the white bar that should start with http://) and it should take you to the printer's home page where you can follow the rest of ShlomiL's instructions from above.

Hope this helped, have a great day!!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

can't access printer that way either.  Typing address in browser address window generates a google screen with IP address auto filled in to the search field.

HP Recommended

When I print out the HP network config page it doesn't list an IP address. It shows status as disconnected & the network name as the previous wifi router. How do I change this from my computer?

HP Recommended

I have the same issue.  why would hp make this so hard? I think I wasted a few bucks.  The year support is up so

I am SOL.  I can;t even get an Idea on how factory reset works except it may ruin the printer.

HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

I would like to try and assist with these issues, but I do need a little information first. I am linking a few HP Support documents below that will show you how to find your product number. Also, please include which operating system you are using. Also, if you're using Windows, please include whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit. With this information and the product number we can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?
Which Windows operating system am I running?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please let me know what you find.

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended
Product number OfficeJet Pro 8600 (A2AA78). I am running Mac OS 10.9, I am locked out of my settings on my printer (not sue how that happened) I just switched over to a new router (Airport Extreme) and now cant get the printer to work and cant access the settings. I have my IP address but the print controls will not show up in my web browser (safari).
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.