cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JPyeatt
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Error with ePrint service - emails are rejected.

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have setup ePrint services on our HP Officejet Pro 6830 printer.

The printer is connected to the internet, and connection is confirmed by a network status report.

The erint email address has been assigned, and I have confirmed by logging on to HPConnected.

However,  any emails sent to the printer are returned as "Rejected"

-The current ePrint access is set to "Open to Anyone".

-If I try to add specific email addresses, I am given a vague, unhelpful error: "Unexpected Error".

Why are the emails being rejected? Please help.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
89,469 89,348 11,456 24,576
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Few things may cause this (a) Unsupported format (b) too big (c) missing somthing I don't know. For (a):

HP ePrint Enterprise supports the following plain data file formats for printing:
  • MS Word (2007) document.
  • MS PowerPoint presentation.
  • MS Outlook.
  • Image file (JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF)
  • Adobe Acrobat files (PDF)
  • Text file and Rich Text Format (RTF)
  • HTML file.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
JPyeatt
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, but I think the issue is somewhat more complex or having to do with HP's setup for receipt of the incoming emails.

As a test I attached a small PDF, standard A4 size. Nothing complex. Rejected.

I also tried a separate email with NO attachment and got the same error. Also Rejected

There does not seem to be any distinction between emails based on content. They appear to be uniformly rejected.

Cheers,
JP

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you actually see your printer in Device tab under your HP Connected account ? Do you use default email address or use your address (before @)  ? I know HP ePrint services rejects some domains. Please try your other email address(es).

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Chat_Dave_UK
Level 4
99 99 9 19
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi JPyeatt,

Have you tried sending email to your HP eprint address via a different email provider (Hotmail, Gmail)?

I had a few problems in the past sending print job from iCloud on the iPad. But Sending the print job from iCloud using a web browser seems fine.

Hope this help.

JPyeatt
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Oi.

That's the trick. Thanks.

So HP --will-- accept an email from my personal gmail account, but --will NOT-- accept an email from my specific corporate email address? I work for an international design firm... so this is sort of a problem. I am NOT going to ask my colleagues to print from their pesonal email accounts.

Any idea how I contact HP and ask them to unblock a very legitimate email / domain?

www.nbbj.com

Cheers,
JP

0 Kudos
Chat_Dave_UK
Level 4
99 99 9 19
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JPyeatt wrote:

Oi.

That's the trick. Thanks.

So HP --will-- accept an email from my personal gmail account, but --will NOT-- accept an email from my specific corporate email address? I work for an international design firm... so this is sort of a problem. I am NOT going to ask my colleagues to print from their pesonal email accounts.

Any idea how I contact HP and ask them to unblock a very legitimate email / domain?

www.nbbj.com

Cheers,
JP

Hi JP,

I suggest you need to find a solution with your firm network administrator. A few people managed to get this fix in this post below:-

550 5.7.1 Command rejected

Like BH suggested, try your other firm's email address with a different domain name if you got one.

Hope this help.

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JPyeatt wrote:

That's the trick. Thanks. ..

Hi,

That what I said on my previous reply:

I know HP ePrint services rejects some domains. Please try your other email address(es).

Regards.

BH

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation