Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (528 Views)

Expired Ink Message

I have a Photosmart C7250, that I bought at Costco, that is not functioning properly because of constant messages telling me that my ink has expired. I have bought all of my very expensive ink cartridges from Costco. Now I have had to replace two brand new Yellow ink cartridges. Why am I getting these messages? Why is my ink expiring? How do I shut off these stupid messages, or in what ocean should I throw this printer???

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (520 Views)

Re: Expired Ink Message

[ Edited ]

This page has information on ink expiration.   The ink for this model does have a shelf life.  When buying cartrdiges look for the "install by" date or "end of warranty" date on the package.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
Message 3 of 3 (501 Views)

Re: Expired Ink Message

I received the expired ink message on a cartridge good until May 2011.  It also said it was empty.  So I replaced it with a brand new one, exp. Jan 2013 and am still getting the message"  Replace the following ink cartridges to resume printing' 

I have done the unplug the cable and powercord, waited 30 seconds, replugged it in.  still getting the message.  Oh, I also cleaned the contacts on the cartridge.

Still getting the 'empty cartridge' message.

Any suggestions ?

thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation