cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
diusbius Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

FATAL: Opening printer connection Failed

I have a Photosmart c6940 all in one with Mac OS 10.5.8. When I try to print using USB, I get the fatal message in the subject line. I have checked the USB connections, done a power reset, deleted all the jobs in the Queue, restarted the jobs, (test page won't printer either) but results continue to be the same. I will continue to try and find more information on the site, but I am not hopeful...

If you have any ideas would love to hear them!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
20467 20434 1425 4853
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

FATAL: Opening printer connection Failed

Restart your Mac.

Try another USB cable and another USB port on your Mac.

Reset the printing system:

- Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Defualt tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation