Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question
FRUSTRATED!!! HP 6700 Scanning feature not working with my MAC
Replies (16)

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
HP Support Agent
Message 11 of 17 (6,769 Views)

Re: FRUSTRATED!!! HP 6700 Scanning feature not working with my MAC

Hi Jolk,

The 5610 does not have full feature software that is compatible with the Mavericks operating system. You can follow the steps in Message 9 up to and including repair disk permissions. After the computer restarts, connect the USB cable and check for Apple software updates. With the latest Apple software update you should be able to scan.

Hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 12 of 17 (6,758 Views)

[ Edited ]

Nope--still doesn't work.  No Apple software updates.  No scanning with any of the workarounds. Smiley Frustrated  

But thanks for trying!  Keep me posted!  I'd like to go back to Mountain Lion...

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 13 of 17 (6,736 Views)

Hi Jolk,

I have a new idea, something different we can try. follow these steps to remove the print driver and other software from a computer.

1. From the computer desktop, double-click the Macintosh HD  icon.
  2. Double-click the Library folder.
  3. Double-click the Printers folder.
  4. Right-click the HP folder, and then select Move to Trash.
  5. When prompted, type the Administrator name and Password for the computer, and then click OK. Wait for authentication to complete.
  6. Double-click the PPDs  folder.
  7. Double-click the Contents  folder.
  8. Double-click the Resources  folder.
  9. Locate your printer in the printer list, and then right-click on your printer and select Move to Trash.
  10. When prompted, type the Administrator name and Password for the computer, and then click OK. Wait for authentication to complete.
  11. Click the Trash icon on the taskbar, click the Empty  button, and then click OK to empty the trash.

NOTEBy clicking OK, all items in your trash will be permanently deleted from your computer. To delete one item in the trash, click that item to highlight it, and then click OK.
  12. On the upper-left corner of the computer desktop, click the Apple menu icon, and then click System Preferences on the drop-down menu.
  13. Double-click Print & Scan.
  14. In the Printers list, click your HP printer, and then click the Minus button to delete it.
  15. Restart the computer and now you have a fresh start.
  16. Try scanning.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 14 of 17 (6,720 Views)

[ Edited ]

This worked! Smiley Happy  I would like to "accept as solution" but I guess I didn't start the thread--but solved, it is!  Thank you ever so much!

Tutor
Message 15 of 17 (6,540 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Sunshyn, thanks for your persistence and for referring me to this post.  (Mine is HP Deskjet 3050A J611 and Mac Mavericks).  

I followed the steps, and at the end tried scanning to the mac from the scanner - 'computer not recognised', then tried printing - successful - then tried scanning from the printer dialog, and from system preferences (printers & scanners) - 'failed to open a session on the device' x 2.  Tried scanning from Preview and from Image capture - 'no camera or scanner connected'.

Honor Student
Message 16 of 17 (4,327 Views)

I have a similar issue with my 6700 Premium and Mac OS 10.9.4 Maverick, printer will scan, print test sheet, but won't print from Word, Excel, etc. I tried what Sunshyn suggested, but it didn't work. Any solution?

Top Student
Message 17 of 17 (1,750 Views)

I just tried this for mine and it didn't work Smiley Sad I'm at a loss!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation