Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7612 Wide Format
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had a paperjam in the printer which I cleared but now when I try to print wirelessly from the computer it comes up with a paper jam message. Strangely it will print direct from the computer - I was able to print out this page for example - but I'm unable to print anything from Microsoft Word. How can I get rid of this message so I am able to print from Word.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@gigib,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are getting paper jam error message on your HP OfficeJet 7612 Wide Format e-All-in-One while printing from Word.

This issue could occur if the printer memory is not refreshed after the error message.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

1.Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
2.Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
3.With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
4.Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
5.Wait at least 60 seconds.
6.Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
7.Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
8.Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on. The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
9.Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Also you may check the steps from the link: A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer Series

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I have tried the solution suggested ie. disconnecting the printer power cord and unplugging the power cord from the wall, waiting for a few minutes before connecting it again but this has not got rid of the false paper jam problem. I have also uninstalled the printer completely then re-installed it, and re- booted the computer several times but these actions have not solved the problem either. Now when I try to print from Word I am still getting the paper jam message but if I press ok the paper comes out of the printer then another sheet goes in but only prints half the picture I am trying to print. 

I have also tried other suggestions for this problem such as removing the ink cartridges, disconnecting the printer then putting the cartridges back in but nothing has worked. The printer is still under warranty until later this month but I wondered if there is anything else I could try before contacting HP service.

Thankyou

HP Recommended

@gigib,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue has not resolved after following the steps mentioned in the previous interaction.

This could be a hardware issue with the unit.

Hence, please contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I have been advised by a very helpful knowledgeable employee at the store where I purchased my printer from that one final step to try before contacting HP Support is to try a hard reset on it as every other solution has failed to sort out the 'false paper jam' problem. Can you please let me know how to do this.

If this too fails to sort out the problem I can at least contact HP Support knowing I have tried absolutely everything to remedy the situation.

HP Recommended

Hi @gigib, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @Rainbow23, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply and trying all the troubleshooting steps. I see you are looking to know the procedure to perform a hard reset on your printer. 

Hard reset is nothing but power reset. Follow the procedure mentioned below for Power reset

Turn off the printer.   

Disconnect the power cord of the printer.

Leave it idle for a minute.

If you are using a surge protector, disconnect it and connect the printer to the wall outlet directly. 

Turn the printer ON and check. 

If the issue persists, please update the firmware and check. 

To download the firmware update for the printer, please visit www.hp.com/drivers and enter the product number of the printer.

Please have the printer connected to the computer via an USB cable during the firmware update. 

If the issue persists, please contact our phone support for the upgrade or trade-in options.

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detect
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello

I have tried the hard reset (again!) as suggested which hasn't sorted the 'false paper jam' problem. I have also updated the firmware which has also had no effect therefore I am going to contact hp support as suggested.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@gigib,

You are welcome.

I understand that you will contact the HP Phone Support as it could be a hardware issue with the unit. 

Feel free to ask your queries in future as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

It was a pleasure assisting you. You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.