Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 9 (234 Views)

Fatal Error 1402

Product Name: Officejet 5510
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP

I can't find the installation disks. Except for the printer having problems, this worked fine on an ME computer years ago. I'd like to get it working on an XP computer. I have screenshots of the error message.

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 9 (216 Views)

Re: Fatal Error 1402

[ Edited ]

Hi @Novice18,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! I see that you don't have the CD for the printer and that you are getting a Fatal error 1402. I would like to help you out today. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos. Smiley Happy

Here is the link for the HP Officejet and PSC Full Feature Software and Driver: gc_w01_ENU_NB.exe 

If you have any issues download and install the HP Officejet Basic Driver: gc_ep_w01_enu_NB.exe 

If you continue to get the Fatal error message, try the steps in this document for A 'Fatal Error' Displays During HP Software Installation (Windows).

If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Message 3 of 9 (196 Views)

gc_w01_ENU_NB.exe is the file I already tried, which led to the error messages, so I tried gc_ep_w01_enu_NB.exe. That seemed to work, since it said it was ready to print and ended up with the printer cartridge error that was the case the last time I tried to print on another computer.

Top Student
Message 4 of 9 (193 Views)

Can I scan to file with this software? I don't see how. Would I need to run file gc_w01_ENU_NB.exe without errors to be able to do that?

Retired
Message 5 of 9 (174 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi @Novice18,

Were you able to print then with the Officejet Basic Driver installed?

I have provided a document for being able to scan from other applications, instead of using the HP Scan Software. Go to the section for How to scan without HP software.

Scan from Windows XP With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers.

I hope this helps. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Top Student
Message 6 of 9 (170 Views)

[ Edited ]

I wasn't able to print, but I assume, since it said I had a printer cartridge error, that the problem isn't with software. I was able to scan with Paint. Thanks!

Retired
Message 7 of 9 (164 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for letting me know that you are able to scan from paint @Novice18.

What is the cartridge error that you are getting?

Here is a document for Print Cartridge Errors that you can take a look at.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Top Student
Message 8 of 9 (160 Views)

It's been something like 5 years since I got this error. Doesn't ink dry after that much time? Isn't it safe to assume that I need new cartridges?

Retired
Message 9 of 9 (151 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi @Novice18,

If the printer hasn't been used in a long time, the ink can dry out.

Here is a document for troubleshooting cartridge issues. Correcting Printing Quality Problems When Printing from Windows.

You may have to replace the cartridges. There is a expiry date stamped on the cartridges also, that you can take a look at.

Thank you. Smiley Happy

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation