cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MuzikizuM Top Student
Top Student
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Fatal error during installing HP Solution Center for Deskjet F2180

Hi everyone!

During installation of HP Solution Center for Deskjet F2180 it says "fatal error" - couldn´t write the key to " \SOFTWARE" plus "MSI.GPBaseService2" error.

I tried many times to completely uninstall all this software and delete keys in regedit and reinstall it. I also respected the order: firstly install, after that connect printer. HP Digital Imagiing Monitor is working right but iťs insufficient for me. Maybe there will be some problem with permissions in Windows, who knows. I have just installed Windows 7 Professional 32-bit.

Could you help me to solve it, please? Each response pleases!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
18,047 14,989 855 2,157
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Welcome to the forums @MuzikizuM 

I read your post about the installation error you are seeing for our Deskjet F2180. I would suggest trying out the steps in the guide below. Hopefully this will allow you to install the printer successfully!

A 'Fatal Error' (MSI error) Displays on the Computer During HP Software Installation in Windows

Let me know the resultsSmiley Happy

Have a great day!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
MuzikizuM Top Student
Top Student
2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi!

I have alrady solve it without assistance. Some register key couldn't be written to \SOFTWARE, so i set the permission to write into this folder in regedit and it works! 😉

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation