The HP Community is here for you.
07-02-2012 07:57 AM - last edited on 02-21-2017 08:44 PM by OscarFuentes
There is not a bunch of troubleshooting steps that can be done to help resolve the Ink System Failure mesage for the Photosmart 3210 All-in-One Printer other than resetting the unit. The steps to do so are outlined below
Reset the product
- Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.NOTE:The USB cable connects to the port on the rear of the product. The port is labeled with the USB icon ( ). If your printer has a network or wireless connection, ignore this step.Figure 1: Example USB connection (your product might not look exactly the same as this example)
- Remove the cartridges from the product.
- Wait until a message to insert the cartridges displays. If you do not see a message within a few minutes, skip to the next step.NOTE:If your printer does not have a display, wait until the cartridge lights blink. If the cartridge lights do not blink within a few minutes, skip to the next step.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button ( ).
- Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
- If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the product.
- Try printing again.
Since the print head of the printer you are using is not removable (or replacable) the printer would need to be serviced if resetting the printer doesn't resolve the issue. This troubleshooting article has the previous mentioned steps along with information on how to contact HP should you need to service your product.
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.