cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Hudayuda
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Fax Distinctive Ring M4345

HP Recommended

Good day, I recently purchased a CB427A and have "Distinctive ring" for fax telephone service. Is there a way to set the fax up to receive distinctive ring? (It probably should matter, but we are running all W7 64bit.) I looked at the setup on the screen and Initial setup>Fax Setup>Fax Receive settings. Under the "Fax Receive Settings" are the choices, Rings to answer, Ring Interval, Ring Frequency and Ring volume. Those 4 choices allow some custom settings, but I'm not sure what the custom settings should be. Our present fax has "two short rings" which in some books is called "ring pattern 1" Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Akki78
Level 6
Level 6
451 451 13 36
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi,

Please follow the steps in link below:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=...
I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own.
If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
EmmesMom
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Coudl you PLEASE update your link? I am having the same problem on a different HP printer/fax (LaserJet Enterprise MFP M577) and I don't know how to set it up with distinctive ring. Thanks so much!!!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation