cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
wouter2512
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fax dialog doesn't open (HP Solution Center 13, Windows 7 x64)

Hi,

After upgrading to a new PC there is a problem with the HP software.

When a sheet is inserted into the machine HP Solution Center is opened automatically.

There are no problems with scanning photo's or documents but clicking on "Send a Fax" results in nothing. Using Process Explorer I've found out that the following utility should open:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hposfx08.exe" -CtxID "#Hewlett-Packard#HP Officejet 5600 series#1279224917"

But directly after opening the process, it is terminated. Most of the times so fast that it doesn't even show up in Process Explorer. As possible solutions I've tried the following:

• Reinstalling the HP software
  • Reinstalling newest version of Adobe Flash>
  • Installing all the latests Windows Updates
  • Rebooting quite a few times
  • Surfing over a lot of internet (including HP forums), haven't found the same problem

Faxing direct from the machine causes no problems, also receiving faxes is working. But faxing from within Windows is not working.

Is there anyone in the community that might now what is causing the problem or how it could be solved?

Wouter Nijland

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The computer has the following specifications:

• Acer Aspire AX3300
  • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

The officejet in question is a HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One bought last year.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
algreen
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue where the fax dialog box will not open in the HP Solution Center but all other functions work correctly.  I am running Win 7 Pro (64bit) on HP Pavillion dv6 laptop.  The printer is an officejet 7310 all in one. Does anyone know of a solution??

0 Kudos
algreen
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any fix as of today for this issue??

0 Kudos
senatorsludge
4 4 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you get a workable solution for the 7310?  I just upgraded to an HP system with Windows7 64 bit and the fax button will not work but I can manually send faxes from the 7310.  The issue is in the Solution Center s/w.

0 Kudos
Sandyora
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Has anyone found an answere to this problem? 

0 Kudos
shadjak
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I Had the same problem. I installed the update from HP on this page and it worked!  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975891

As a side note, I absolutely loathe HP products. I've been dealing with seemingly never ending problems with HP products for over 20 yrs. From software issues to unfixable error messages to inkjet cartridge chips that wont allow refilling. Horrible products!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
laurynd
Level 1
5 5 0 1
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This solved my issue, but in an unintended way. After trying this and spending far too long searching for support that should be so simple to find from HP, I gave up on the hp product and used my Microsoft installed fax machine. Fortunately I have a phone jack on my laptop, but how many people can still say that? I agree, HP really needs better support. I'm just not happy with them when something like sending a fax via the hardware company's provided software. The next time I purchase a laptop, or any external devices, I'm making sure the company has at least basic support, especially for a product you don't plan to buy or update for a very long time. Thanks for making the suggestion though, as it got me to think to use the onboard microsoft stuff, and OMG...who on earth is very happy with MS?:smileysurprised:

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation